Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

And Adam Hansen completes 20 consecutive Grand Tours.

Forget his endless training, that’s 1.15 years worth of getting in the saddle for a stage over X years.

Beyond belief ????????‍♀️

#saddlesore

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll never convince those who don't want to be convinced.

I'd like to know how many other current riders are being investigated that we don't know about. Might be an interesting list to see.

You're right, so would I... but then, I think we'd probably be unpleasantly surprised by some of the names on that list. Let sleeping dogs lie is my ostrich's view

Watch the 95 Rugby WC final. Compared to modern professional Rugby players they all look like 3rd team Sacs boys. But Cycling a dirty sport. Do me a F&$@ing favour.

Rugby turned professional in 1996 i believe. So a lot of those guys were "small" because they had day-jobs. Modern day players can basically live in the gym and this is the main reason why they are bigger now. That's not to say I don't agree with you, I'd imagine band substances are pretty rife in rugby, as well as most other sports where there is money to be made from winning.

Cycling is just seen as the dirty sport because it had the highest profile cheat; one of the world's most famous sportsman confessing on the world's most popular talk show. The only other doping incident that comes close in terms of notoriety is perhaps Ben Johnson.

Anyway, its a discussion for another thread. I only watched one stage of this year's Giro. Luckily it was Friday's stage, a win that Coppi would have been proud of.  

Hmmm, if Sky have spent years on marginal gains, how have they overlooked trying different saddles?

I understand changing for comfort, but I'll take the "more power" with a pinch of salt.

You're right, so would I... but then, I think we'd probably be unpleasantly surprised by some of the names on that list. Let sleeping dogs lie is my ostrich's view

With 300 names on the AAF list since 2015, I find it extremely difficult to believe that Froome is the only GC contender there. Which makes me ask, why was it leaked and by whom? was it a disgruntled team mate looking for an upper hand when moving to a new team for example Landa? was it the new UCI Prez looking to make a splash and try give the French the title by removing Bardet's biggest rival? Either way, the only way things could be fair is by either the list of names being released so everyone gets to be crucified or everyone backing off and letting the process unfold, neither will happen so I just wish this whole thing would be over so the chips can fall where they may and we can move on to the next chapter wherever that may be. 

Being the history hack that I am, I was just thinking  on how this race went from one seriously historic city to another,  and interesting to reflect on previous links between these places.

Like the Roman occupation of the holy land and their looting and destruction of the Jewish Temple on that there Temple Mount that featured so much in the TT scenery, as depicted on the Arch of Titus that they wized past several times in Roma

1280px-Rom%2C_Titusbogen%2C_Triumphzug_3

People are also drawing comparisons between Froome/Sky and Armstrong/US Postal which is ludicrous. A controlled substance versus a team wide EPO and Testosterone programme complete with bribing and threatening. Crazy crazy.

Not comparing Apples with Apples... When Armstrong/Postal were winning the Tour everyone was heaping the praise of them setting tempo up the climbs. The EPO and testosterone program only came out after LA retired, came back and retired again. The true comparison can only start once/if Froome/Sky are found to be “doing something”. Then one can truly say there are comparisons. Now it’s only “seems like” Sky are doing a Postal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem with the "doing a Postal" club is their reasoning does not account for Postal taking relatively less talented riders and making them good riders whereas Sky starts with talent and just sharpens it.

From the outside looking in it appears to be the same thing but that's as accurate as calling a lion a pussy cat

Snaffled off the inter webs. Interesting  - obviously we have no idea of wind conditions, which can make for a big difference.

post-86413-0-63870600-1527533190_thumb.png

he must get him a lekka couch for 10 years time

Think you get given a couch when you win 7 TdF  ;)

Archived