Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Definitely not...

Hippocrates never referred to what other people do to themselves....

It's like insurance that pays out for people that are being stupid. Edited by PhilipV

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitate to post much here because I have no experience with divorce, but I must say that there is a whole lot of good advice here on how to stay married also. :thumbup:

You okes are seriously high maintenance.

Ironing is not exactly difficult

Buy the best iron you can afford

And as for cooking...get a recipe book and stick to it as well as buy some decent pots and pans

I can iron, I went to the army.! ............

Me too.

And I learnt to use a sewing machine so I could fix my own windsurfer sails. Learnt to make things like surfboard bags and when I got married to a "non-needlework type" of woman (hope she never sees this), it just became my job. I fix torn kids pants, shirts and even do the odd alteration for my mother in law. The ladies at the sewing machine shop know me by name because I'm their only client who dress up in camo pants, wear hiking boots, drive a butch Landrover and has his ancient sewing machine serviced by them. :)

Me too.

The ladies at the sewing machine shop know me by name because I'm their only client who dress up in camo pants, wear hiking boots, drive a butch Landrover and has his ancient sewing machine serviced by them. :)

It might be that they are feeling sorry for you :ph34r:

Me too.

And I learnt to use a sewing machine so I could fix my own windsurfer sails. Learnt to make things like surfboard bags and when I got married to a "non-needlework type" of woman (hope she never sees this), it just became my job. I fix torn kids pants, shirts and even do the odd alteration for my mother in law. The ladies at the sewing machine shop know me by name because I'm their only client who dress up in camo pants, wear hiking boots, drive a butch Landrover and has his ancient sewing machine serviced by them. :)

I see that you are busy with preemptive marketing.  :whistling:

Any ladies willing to trade a good meal for some ironing.

Edit: Never mind, ex took the iron and plank - said I didn't have a licence to use it anyways ☺

most women can...

Hahaaa I'm always saying I want a man that can cook and will cook. My OH did, in the beginning. But I'll rather cook any day than iron, I can't iron. Probably why I've never been 'wifed' - and I live by the adage that life is too short to spend time ironing. I'm specific when I buy clothes, if it needs ironing, I don't need it.

Hahaaa I'm always saying I want a man that can cook and will cook. My OH did, in the beginning. But I'll rather cook any day than iron, I can't iron. Probably why I've never been 'wifed' - and I live by the adage that life is too short to spend time ironing. I'm specific when I buy clothes, if it needs ironing, I don't need it.

Nothing wrong with that. Our maid was away so I thought I'd try iron the children's school shirts. What a pain. They still looked creased an hour later. I bought extra school uniform from then on in case of unexpected emergencies.

Well done NML..

Hopefully the date will work out for me next year.

I was due to do it but my ex spent the week away on business so I had the sprogs and it turned out to be my weekend with them after she got back.

Landy

Whenever you are in that dark hole, please talk. 

An old school friend of mine took his own life last Sunday. He was also divorced for many years and never remarried. Most of us suspect that he was suffering from depression and was hiding it very well. He used to be the joker in the class.

Landy

Whenever you are in that dark hole, please talk. 

An old school friend of mine took his own life last Sunday. He was also divorced for many years and never remarried. Most of us suspect that he was suffering from depression and was hiding it very well. He used to be the joker in the class.

Thanks Moridin

I definitely will not go that route, have too much good going for me and hope for a better life and someone new eventually if that is in my maker's plan.

Just the getting into a routine is hard - I think I need a new job where I don't spend so much after hours of late  and weekends at work.  Hardly have time for chores and shopping.

Thanks Moridin

I definitely will not go that route, have too much good going for me and hope for a better life and someone new eventually if that is in my maker's plan.

Just the getting into a routine is hard - I think I need a new job where I don't spend so much after hours of late  and weekends at work.  Hardly have time for chores and shopping.

I was self employed while I was with my ex, her business covered mine when times were tight and vice versa....when she left I was depressed and my business took a knock from this...lost interest and didn't know which way I was going.

Wound up being offered a job in a completely different industry and quite honestly I like it. New challenges and all that....its helped me find focus and carry on doing some studies...(and pay bills!!)

Time... time sorts everything out, it won't erase the memories but it will make them slowly fade and haze out into the background....

Was doing pretty well and then last night all of a sardine I dreamt about my old life and wife. I never normally dream but today feeling a bit down. Probably takes time for these episode's to lessen. Even a tough guy can be humbled by the heart I thought I had a tight reign on.

Onward and upward though.

• 3 weeks later...