Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, same can be said for men. There are certain jobs / posts / tasks for which the vast majority of men are less likely to fill, due to the general traits that men posess. 

I'm not saying that they'll struggle to adapt, nor do I think "struggle" is the right term; just that it's not as simple as saying there's no such thing as male / female roles, nor is the term "male role" or "female role" entirely accurate. I'd prefer to say "roles for which females are generally more pre-disposed towards than males" and vice versa, and even then it only caters towards the general population, not the outliers, and doesn't allow for personal responsibility in a relationship, where tasks / chores etc should be equally split. 

I personally think that the current thinking of "there are no differences between men and women" is a dangerous slope, and does injustice to both men and women alike. 

Because in general boys like stuff and girls like people. In general, that is.

To me the hub is partly home, Its a place I go to keep up to date on news and I Lurk reading posts. Cycling hasn't really been something I have been able to get time lately but I treasured my last trip to Jonkershoek month and half ago.

This thread specifically encouraged me to work on marriage rather than end it. With no changes happening from the other side of relationship, and some hurtful words once I brought up how I felt we needed to work on things. I went back and sat down long and hard before making my choice.

Today I smile, yesterday I smiled. I have not just smiled because i'm happy about life in years.

I would however advice anyone considering things to speak more to your friends and family.

I have shocked a large amount of my friends and family because I kept it to myself and hid my pain.

To me the hub is partly home, Its a place I go to keep up to date on news and I Lurk reading posts. Cycling hasn't really been something I have been able to get time lately but I treasured my last trip to Jonkershoek month and half ago.

This thread specifically encouraged me to work on marriage rather than end it. With no changes happening from the other side of relationship, and some hurtful words once I brought up how I felt we needed to work on things. I went back and sat down long and hard before making my choice.

Today I smile, yesterday I smiled. I have not just smiled because i'm happy about life in years.

I would however advice anyone considering things to speak more to your friends and family.

I have shocked a large amount of my friends and family because I kept it to myself and hid my pain.

I do apologize sincerely to you and Landy if I was insensitive at any time.

I merely gave my view of only one possible contributing factor to a romantic relationship/marriage breaking down.

Strongs to everyone going through a divorse or seperation.

Nothing was meant to be sexist.

Males and females are different. We were created differently. Different emotions, different needs, different way of relating to the world, different hormones, different traits/characteristics, different purposes in life.

Man does not equal woman, woman does not equal man.

Man has a certain role and purpose on earth, women has a given role and purpose.

What is sexist about that?

It is when the sexes negate their roles to adopt the other when crap starts in a romantic relationship.

You are going from bad to worse.

My purpose in life will not be determined by my sex... but by my choice.

Edited by Gen

100% agree, Amberdrake. 

The bold bit, for me, has been the biggest difference. And for my son. 

I do apologize sincerely to you and Landy if I was insensitive at any time.

I merely gave my view of only one possible contributing factor to a romantic relationship/marriage breaking down.

Strongs to everyone going through a divorse or seperation.

I take no offence, I have a thick internet skin (apparently real life its way thinner than I thought).

:)

Nothing was meant to be sexist.

Males and females are different. We were created differently. Different emotions, different needs, different way of relating to the world, different hormones, different traits/characteristics, different purposes in life.

Man does not equal woman, woman does not equal man.

Man has a certain role and purpose on earth, women has a given role and purpose.

What is sexist about that?

It is when the sexes negate their roles to adopt the other when crap starts in a romantic relationship.

Eish, bro. That's a bit too "old testament" to be honest. It's not as cut and dried as that, and there aren't any pre-determined roles that MUST be filled by men / women. Gen's right in that she is able to make her own choice in terms of how she lives her life, and if she's found a partner that complements and enhances her particular traits and personality, then that's awesome. But a relationship's success isn't based upon genders "abandoning" their pre-ordained purpose. 

I'll just agree to disagree to not derail this thread completely.