Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30! I was out the house at 18 working poor paying jobs to get by. Youth of today are a mess.

I'll turn 21 this year and are still living with my folks 

I'm well on my way to becoming A red seal artisan and work 2 jobs .... we're not all that crappy 

I'm well on my way to becoming A red seal artisan and work 2 jobs .... we're not all that crappy 

Ignore the guy. 

His hub name is the sound of him firing off asinine, throw-away comments: Rata-tat-tat

I agree. I made a big mess of my marriage and I am now sorry but too late. Feel sorry for what it is doing to my son.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Takes two.....don't dwell too much on it.Get out there and have a ball.

I have been through two and survived...albeit a lot poorer

I agree. I made a big mess of my marriage and I am now sorry but too late. Feel sorry for what it is doing to my son.

Don't be... Past is in the past.. Leave it there.. Focus on the future.. It's never too late

Don't be too hard on yourself. Everybody makes mistakes and it takes two to break down a marriage.

We all learn from our past, both good and bad experiences.

Take any lessons learnt with you into the future and apply them.

Just came from final session with Mediator now.

Bit more clarity on expences but had to revise a few things.

I now will have another Lawyer go over calculations and the actual contract. Do Lawyers offer that service just to go over someone else's work and give advice if they were not involved from the start ?

Just came from final session with Mediator now.

Bit more clarity on expences but had to revise a few things.

I now will have another Lawyer go over calculations and the actual contract. Do Lawyers offer that service just to go over someone else's work and give advice if they were not involved from the start ?

Yup they do. Attorney's fees are normally time based. But as this will be a once off thing ask for a fixed quote. Initial fees like taking of instructions, consultation etc can quickly run the costs up. So rather agree to an amount with the attorney to check the details. 

Yup they do. Attorney's fees are normally time based. But as this will be a once off thing ask for a fixed quote. Initial fees like taking of instructions, consultation etc can quickly run the costs up. So rather agree to an amount with the attorney to check the details.

Shot. Will try and get a quote

Sadly gladly, I'm a hell of a long way past 21, but I'll back you up on this one.

I have the privilege (sometimes the pain) to live in the midst of thousands of students and have had many a youngster, family as well as friends, around my dinner table over a good few years. There are some young people out there with their heads screwed on a lot straighter than some bitter, half blind, grumpy old farts that I unfortunately have to call my peers.   

I spent my 21st in a little bar in London after working a night shift packing bundles of the daily mail onto a truck for transport... This after getting the ****s with university and buggering of half way through my final year... Came back a few years later to complete it and honours though.... But we digress

Things happen for a reason bud.

Chin up and make the best of it.

The sooner you get better and start living the better it will be for your son as well.

Kids arent stupid..he will see the light soon enough