Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

A great thread this. No one need to be shy or keep things bottled up. Help, advice and is always welcome from those who have gone through it and those going through it.

This!

And sometimes no words are even required: 18 years later I still remember the response from a random lady when I answered her question on how was my day  - "well, I got divorced today" - her response was simply "oh no, can I give you a hug?" The best 3 seconds out of a very long terrible period in my life... never met her again, but for ever grateful. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this...

"Hi Myles

I trust this finds you well.

Now that we have all the necessary documents, we can proceed with finalizing the matter."

Aww yiss!!!! 

So I used the mediator that you are using as you provided to me at the time, and I overtook you to the finish line.

How weird is that ?

This!

And sometimes no words are even required: 18 years later I still remember the response from a random lady when I answered her question on how was my day  - "well, I got divorced today" - her response was simply "oh no, can I give you a hug?" The best 3 seconds out of a very long terrible period in my life... never met her again, but for ever grateful. 

Wow that is cool - I have not had that hug just yet today, few hours still to go, maybe I will get one from at least my daughter.....

So I used the mediator that you are using as you provided to me at the time, and I overtook you to the finish line.

How weird is that ?

Yep. She took her time to get the siggies done. Her witnesses didn't initial each page and one of them was in France for about 3weeks. That was the main holdup.

I know most of the comments on here have come from male hubbers.

Any lady hubbers gone through a divorce ?

Surprisingly a huge amount of great advice  for me came from male friends who were very caring and very insightful - i posted about pizza night and some of the characters there. It was started by guys who were getting divorced and on a Monday night had nothing to do and were sad so went for a pizza. That was  a great place to go because everyone listened and had been where you were at some time.

Guys have great advice many times...

Well done Landy. Now you can pick up and get on with things. That's a whole load better than my two years.

I went to a mates house on Saturday and got totally smashed. Long time no house party and they are such easy going folk with a good crowd of reprobate friends. I was one of the last to leave and then promptly lost/left my phone in the Uber. Bugger.

But I finally got it out of my system as I was a bit numb last week and in hermit mode.

Well done Landy. Now you can pick up and get on with things. That's a whole load better than my two years.

I went to a mates house on Saturday and got totally smashed. Long time no house party and they are such easy going folk with a good crowd of reprobate friends. I was one of the last to leave and then promptly lost/left my phone in the Uber. Bugger.

But I finally got it out of my system as I was a bit numb last week and in hermit mode.

Lol. I did the same, except the friend's neighbour found my wallet in the road the next morning. Must have fallen out when I got into the Uber.

????

Have been too busy to really get stuck into the hub recently, so catching up this week. A lot of movement since the beginning of this thread. Glad you guys are moving forward. As I said in an earlier post, lots of thought provoking comments on here.

Just reflecting on the monogamy/polygamy/swinging/oxen naaing part of the thread.. this truly is a mixed up world we live in. Not sure who is right or wrong, but personally I would have zero interest in a relationship outside of the marriage. Couldn’t live with the guilt.

My ex got married this weekend...I went to the local pub to meet a friend who visits here once in a while and have a drink (coke in my case!) and would you believe it that some of her mates were there and they took a certain delight in showing me her wedding pics....but you know you are over it when you can look at the pics and not really feel anything....(actually I lie.... there was a tiny bit of regret....like not buying more bikes when I had the chance!)

O

My ex got married this weekend...I went to the local pub to meet a friend who visits here once in a while and have a drink (coke in my case!) and would you believe it that some of her mates were there and they took a certain delight in showing me her wedding pics....but you know you are over it when you can look at the pics and not really feel anything....(actually I lie.... there was a tiny bit of regret....like not buying more bikes when I had the chance!)

When my ex got married again, the only thing I felt was sorry for the poor guy....