Do you know what Blood Type you are?

Bonus

That doesn't make sense as it's not taking into account the 0.5kg reduction in weight that you benefit from.

The loss of weight and loss of power have all been factored in.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense as it's not taking into account the 0.5kg reduction in weight that you benefit from.

... that you pick right back up again within a day.

They still make you stick it on your windows or side of helmet?

Format changes depending on category. For offroad bikes sticker on my helmet left side. In karting had to be on race suit “belt”. Formula Ford was race suit and side of car next to the emergency cutoff switch. Saloon cars I’ve never raced but used to be suit and rear side window.

Happy to say nobody ever needed to use that info!! The enduro and offroad bikes have broken a few bones and caused many a hematoma but I recon it’s the MTB that’s hurt the most, LOL.

Edited by WrightJnr

O+

Very selfish question but I was wondering; what effect does donating a pint of blood have on overall fitness? Losing some red blood cells (without putting it back later)...

Was discussed in quite a bit of detail in a TRAINERROAD podcast a week or two back. Was very interesting as they discussed different phases of recovery, red cells, white cells, platelets etc. basically some things are back to normal in 24 hours but others up to a few weeks! Was good to learn for how long the immune system is compromised for and then how it actually affects performance....In summary, not good to do in your build to race phases and even not ideal in base periods. Best done during off season.

But then again, for me.....Does finishing 50’th instead of 30’th vs. potential savings ones life mean the same. I’ve always tried to donate twice a year, but I do try do it “off season”.

Next thing to add to blood group debate/show and tell is, are you an organ donor ... if you run dry of blood and your head is no longer attached to your body are you "donating" the remainder of the useful bits to others who have blood and an head still attached to their torso?

Next thing to add to blood group debate/show and tell is, are you an organ donor ... if you run dry of blood and your head is no longer attached to your body are you "donating" the remainder of the useful bits to others who have blood and an head still attached to their torso?

I am.  :thumbup:

Told the wife, when I die, let them use what they can, chuck the rest in a cardboard box and into an incinerator.

What comes out of there, let it float on the wind.

I'm an organ donor.

There's two options, one where they use some of the organs (think you can help up to 7 people), and one where they use your skin and everything (think this helps up to 50?? people).

I went with the second.

I do have one clause stipulated, I want everything to go to one person so I can try for a hostile takeover. :P

Just donated.... but then they gave me free cookies. I think I'm 0.5kg heavier now....

I'll see if they allow me to donate on Friday. Had tick fever in December. If I do donate on Friday I'm seriously going to chop af on Porcupine Ridge Saturday. 

:eek:

Ja but when you are dead you're dead.  Have no problem with this.  Gooi weg, it is done/bust.

We live in a disposable society.