Do you know what Blood Type you are?

Bonus

Ja but when you are dead you're dead.  Have no problem with this.  Gooi weg, it is done/bust.

We live in a disposable society.

Ja but to let the Tow Truck drivers take your body like that - apologies, had a closer look, they are real vultures.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just been talking about this and I actually don't know my own blood type.

I suspect I should find out and write it down somewhere, just in case . . . 

Part Jose Cuervo, part Johnny Walker, part Stella, part chocolate ice-cream...

Don't know about the negative comments, I think for a people so closely connected to nature, this way of burying the dead is rather poetic / beautiful way of continuing the circle of life with their bodies energy giving life.

There is a downside to it these days, unfortunately.

I saw a documentary on this a couple years back (can't for the life of me recall the name of it) and they were saying the animals were getting sick.

If I recall correctly, it was something to do with the build up of 'western' medicine in people's bodies and the animals can't handle it.

(If anybody knows better/more about this, please correct me.)

I am so for sky burials - Im convinced I saw a flier the first time I went to Van Gaalens that said something along the lines of donate your body to our vultures - that's when I got the idea and started researching and found out it's illegal. Which is bollocks - if you can feed the worms, why not the vultures? 

Don't know about the negative comments, I think for a people so closely connected to nature, this way of burying the dead is rather poetic / beautiful way of continuing the circle of life with their bodies energy giving life.

To clarify, I agree its a poetic way of going. Its however not so poetic to see this as you bite into your chicken mayo sarnie, which is what I did.

I’m an organ donor. The 2nd kind, lock stock and barrel. Although my ID card has the sticker saying so and have the medic alert bracelet etc you need to remember it’s up to your next of kin to sign off and allow it. In the meantime they will keep you organs best preserved but your loved one will need to give the ok. (Well this is how it’s been explained to me and based on its nature guess I’ll never find out).

On this topic, I have a good mate who received a kidney via a organ donor. No words can explain what it meant.

I’m an organ donor. The 2nd kind, lock stock and barrel. Although my ID card has the sticker saying so and have the medic alert bracelet etc you need to remember it’s up to your next of kin to sign off and allow it. In the meantime they will keep you organs best preserved but your loved one will need to give the ok. (Well this is how it’s been explained to me and based on its nature guess I’ll never find out).

On this topic, I have a good mate who received a kidney via a organ donor. No words can explain what it meant.

i have received three transplanted corneas in my life. When my sister passed away I took a lot of solace in her being a donor.

Here in NZ you are a default donor. You have to opt out.

it’s up to your next of kin to sign off and allow 

That's how I understand it as well, though I've always wondered about that.

In my case, I want to be cremated, so even if my next of kin said no, surely they could just take the organs and nobody would be any the wiser?

That's how I understand it as well, though I've always wondered about that.

In my case, I want to be cremated, so even if my next of kin said no, surely they could just take the organs and nobody would be any the wiser?

The process is a highly specialized and technical one, from precisely how the donor is kept on life support to optimize the quality of the organs, to how it is removed by highly competent and specialized surgeons and how it is preserved, transported to its recipient. All of that need facilities and expertise and is unlikely to happen somewhere in a back room without anyone knowing. (Not that dodgy doctors in dodgy deals in dodgy hospitals haven't done it in the past.)

But yes, I get your point. I like the New Zealand way, which will make you a donor by default.