Lyne Components launches alloy wheelset range

News bot

The rims are slightly heavy( but not bad at all), so for the full built wheels to come in at that weight, the hubs must be pretty light.

Great price!

Well done Lyne!!

Wens ek kan 'n paar AM Classic Wide Lightning rims raakloop. Hulle erens tussen 399 en 410g. 29.3mm internal width, vs Lyne se 495g @ 30mm.

Lyne Pulse 25mm @ 440g, American Classic Race rim, 24mm @ 360g

Steeds, afhangende van prys sou ek 'n Lyne Pulse consider, 25mm is breed genoeg, maar moet 32h wees, nie 28h nie.

Edited by TheJ

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wens ek kan 'n paar AM Classic Wide Lightning rims raakloop. Hulle erens tussen 399 en 410g. 29.3mm internal width, vs Lyne se 495g @ 30mm.

Steeds, afhangende van prys sou ek 'n Lyne Pulse consider, 25mm is breed genoeg, maar moet 32h wees, nie 28h nie.

You can, but htey're R 2,500 per rim or something STUPID like that. 

You can, but htey're R 2,500 per rim or something STUPID like that. 

Wowzers, that's quite steep. I bought my complete AM Classic Wide Lighting wheelset for R3500 second hand.

They're also made of cheese...

They're also made of cheese...

And aren't they also closed down?

I'm sure my addled brain remembers discussing the end of American Classic about 2 weeks ago......

Edited by Jewbacca

is 1775g for 29" wheels not on the heavy side?

Hi Mongoose

The thinking behind our wheelsets was to look at the issues that very wide & lightweight wheels are having and try to overcome them with some different thinking. Conventional thinking says remove weight on the outside, because that's rotational weight, but this doesn’t take in to consideration that this is the same area receiving the abuse on impact. We opted for a more robust rim profile with high-end lightweight spokes and hubs to keep weight down because at the end of the day the fastest wheels are the ones that get you to the finish line ;)

Also by using a slightly narrower profile (Pulse) the durability isnt hampered because the walls of the rim don’t have to be excessively thin to keep the weight competitive. In our opinion a 25mm internal profile with a 2,1-2,25" tyre is a good balance of tyre stability, durability and lightweight for Marathon and XC. AMP is best paired with 2,25-2,5" tyres for trail use.

Cheers

Dayle

@ Lyne components ......will you offer the AMP with Brass nipples at all ??? 

Hi Mawbs

We are considering it for future orders for sure. Not immediately though.

Cheers

Dayle

• 1 year later...

So do any riders have any feedback on the AMP30 wheelset?

Several guys I know have them, and have abused them with pressures set too low, stupid lines and heavy use. No complaints at all. This is on Table Mountain (signal hill / slab etc) tokai & contermans. 

• 4 months later...

Just got delivery of my Pulse 25 wheelset today :clap:  out of stock on website so phoned and chatted to Raun to see if they are going to get stock again, and just like that he says we have stuff laying around and we will quickly build you a set and booooom that was yesterday.

Thank you Lyne Components 

and they look fantastic