Is Versus still THE sock for cyclists?

Ozzie NL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The socks are good. I bought the "Ltd Edition" diamond/triangle pattern socks a few weeks ago and have about 7 other pairs of Versus socks.

Each new range the quality increases which shows me the guys are always looking to improve. I support them because its run by young guys that are cyclists and local and we need to support the local brands that can potentially grow to be bigger and contribute to the economy with Jobs etc.

Viva Versus. :thumbup:

I like the Versus socks I have a few pairs and even bought a new pair yesterday at Tony Impey Cycles. They are good to wear to work too very comfy. They are long but I have come to like that. 

Having said that I bought a pair of MTB sox at Ridgeway Cycles for R60 which are extremely comfy and not as long as the Versus- I think I need to go buy a few more pairs of those too!

Socks shmocks - buy them and wear them. I have found no real advantage in any sock be it cheapie R20 a pair or R200 Italian wundersocks.

I buy the ones that look coolest.

Italian Wundersocks are R400 pal... get with the program.

I agree 100%, performance wise there is no real difference between R50 and R150 socks, but image wise there is some value for some people. Far cheaper to bling up your socks than your bike  ;)

Been riding Versus socks exclusively for the last couple of years now and have always loved them with the attraction being at least in part the fact that they always were specifically for cyclists (cyclists love cycling stuff right!)

Now time to order some more and noticed that the cycling range of socks has been trimmed down quite a lot (only coffee socks listed as premium). Some of the other funky designs previously listed as cycling are now displayed under active but the header states it's for al type of sports incl tennis and running.

Being a creature of habit, I'm now doubting whether these will have the same comfy fit as the cycling socks and also not sure what I think about my fav cycling socks becoming generic sports socks.

Fully understand the boys for looking for new markets, just wondering what others think.

Their socks have got better.....much better !

They are still cool, their owners are still cyclists. They are still making cycling socks by cyclists.

This running sock thing is cool too, they need to keep growing their business.

I like it, cause now my wife(runner) and I can buy socks for each other.

I think I own pretty much a pair of all their socks, or close, and will keep buying their stuff as long as they keep their recipe the same = cool good looking socks for a decent price. I don't exclusively wear their socks, but they probably make up about a 3rd to half of my sock collection.

Versus, keep doing what you are doing!!

Edited by Patchelicious

Since this is Friday, why hasn't anyone suggested Falke socks?

In my humble opinion Peter Falke makes better wine than socks. Not because his socks are terrible (I wouldnt know,) but because his wine is gorgeous. 

But if his sock sales supports his wine cellar in these dry and trying times, than errrrrrybody wins. 

Italian Wundersocks are R400 pal... get with the program.

I agree 100%, performance wise there is no real difference between R50 and R150 socks, but image wise there is some value for some people. Far cheaper to bling up your socks than your bike ;)

Not over here they're not.

I am amazed how much cheaper cycling stuff is over here. SA is farkin expensive.

:ph34r:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chris Froome is doped to the gills, organises dog fights in his back yard and does a bit of human trafficking on Sundays 

I think he is dirty too, I just dont have time for lazy arguments about it though :P

Gimme a call, Ill be your brand ambassador!

Got 2 pairs for Christmas, I like the fit and length and that they bought me plain red and black .... They know I don't ride my bike in girls pyjama socks [emoji14]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk