Absa Cape Epic 2018

Acerunner

She rode with it on yesterday as well.

Aah I see...thx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sneaky suspicion that Annika and Ariane are both going to end up suffering because of their teammates and that because of it Mariska Strauss and Annie Last will pull off a surprise win. Or some such. With Team Sparkle Watts aka Invested Songo Specialized getting second and Acendis Health in third.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

The Last - Strauss combo is so nice to watch..they always seem happy..no matter what the situation.

She rode with it on yesterday as well.

I don't think she is coping with the heat imho.

Edit: gramatical error.

The Last - Strauss combo is so nice to watch..they always seem happy..no matter what the situation.

Both very laid back as well. That said they take their racing seriously and will be gunning pretty hard to better their second overall from last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that Luthi's partner is suffering from illness, she really looked to be struggling ..even had the camelbak on for extra fluids.

yes, saw that.

but a very skinny one.

she might swap them out at waterpoints

makes sense to me. if you're struggling to keep up, being able to drink handsfree is a bonus.

anyone have the actual route for tomorrow?  Thinking about going out and taking some photos - I generally try avid the usual spectator points.  But can't find any route info apart from profile and the two spectator points...

I think Langvad is trying to break her partner.

So dominant..yoh

I thought so too, but on stage 1 highlights it was actually Kate doing the pacing uphills.

if that's the case the whole way through then they are playing smart.

while she has never raced anything like this before, she did do a huge test event last month

I thought so too, but on stage 1 highlights it was actually Kate doing the pacing uphills.

if that's the case the whole way through then they are playing smart.

while she has never raced anything like this before, she did do a huge test event last month

https://twitter.com/kateplusfatee/status/963932136385396737?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcyclingtips.com%2F2018%2F03%2F2018-kate-epic-riding-outside-comfort-zone%2F

Seems to be a good pairing..[emoji1303]

Love it

No baggies

But lots of yellow 

Whoowhoooooooooo

Fumic should have binned those baggies long ago. Real racers use proper bibs.  :whistling:

once again our local riders are not exactly shooting the lights out, and the yellow jersey is sitting on a brazilian, that powerhouse of world cycling.

top rider today was Erik Kleinhans, who is riding backup for Canyon so not entirely sure how much he was pushing it.

We now have him in 17th, and two teams in 18th and 19th.

What has actually happened to our current National Marathon champion, who came 4th last year with his colombian partner (mr Max Knox?) - is he doing XCO again now?

team mates up until this year, so that helps. the top ladies often have combinations just for the Epic

That sounds as it looks, imagine if those two were riding together again, it would have resulted in a one sides race again.  

Agreed. Does anyone know what broke up the partnership?

once again our local riders are not exactly shooting the lights out, and the yellow jersey is sitting on a brazilian, that powerhouse of world cycling.

top rider today was Erik Kleinhans, who is riding backup for Canyon so not entirely sure how much he was pushing it.

We now have him in 17th, and two teams in 18th and 19th.

What has actually happened to our current National Marathon champion, who came 4th last year with his colombian partner (mr Max Knox?) - is he doing XCO again now?

Alan Hatherley? If so, he broke a radius bone on the Tankwa I think. 

Dodging doping officials in the wilds of Sabie. 

Agreed. Does anyone know what broke up the partnership?

With knowing **absolutely nothing** about the real reason, I suspect that it was due to AL (Luthi)'s inconsistent performance last year.  Imagine AL (Langvad) (what's with their initials?) didn't want to risk another Epic on a flaky partner.

Probably regretting it now, but I suspect that the Belgian will break before the Yank.  But who knows.  

I bet Arriane doing her damndest to make a point...

With knowing **absolutely nothing** about the real reason, I suspect that it was due to AL (Luthi)'s inconsistent performance last year.  Imagine AL (Langvad) (what's with their initials?) didn't want to risk another Epic on a flaky partner.

Probably regretting it now, but I suspect that the Belgian will break before the Yank.  But who knows.  

I bet Arriane doing her damndest to make a point...

I bet on both losing their partners before the end of the week.

Archived