Gravel Grinding Craze

DirtyDan

I've even built up myself a priapsim-inducing machine of steel slickness just to crank out meditative miles on the farm roads around Ceres.

Correct me if I'm misperceiving this general impression of mine, but have you hubbers also noticed a sudden increase of popularity in "gravel grinding" bikes?

What gives?

On that note, if anyone knows someone looking for Gravel Grinding buddy around Ceres, lemme know...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't tell us, show us! Where is this "priapism-inducing machine of steel slickness" of which you speak so suggestively?

Don't tell us, show us! Where is this "priapism-inducing machine of steel slickness" of which you speak so suggestively?

pics or it didn't happen

I have a Giant Anthem, I can ride trails, gravel roads and even tar roads if I desire.  :ph34r:

its called "industry marketing " :whistling:

Yeah I ride gravel roads on my S-Works road bike, complete with Roval carbon wheels. Had a few flats but nothing serious.

I'm considering converting my Inbred 26er. Only worry is whether a 700c with a proper tyre will fit the frame & the sid. Anybody have an idea?

Sommer chuck Clarks bb7 knockoffs, new wheels & components from my roadie on it.

Why always itch???

I don't understand why monstercross bikes are not more popular... Easy to convert a cheap mtb to one and less hassle with a lot of the setup...

Planning one for the future... Need to get the cash together tho!

anyone have a 2017, 54cm specialized diverge elite for sale ?

#asking for a friend.

Not sure I can afford eddy's :(

I'm considering converting my Inbred 26er. Only worry is whether a 700c with a proper tyre will fit the frame & the sid. Anybody have an idea?

Sommer chuck Clarks bb7 knockoffs, new wheels & components from my roadie on it.

Why always itch???

A good friend of mine did this conversion.  

Van Nicolas 26er frame with 29er MTB wheels, flat bar, XT gruppo, Carbon rigid fork. 

The fork allowed plenty clearance (38-40c tyre), but the chainstay "bridge" was in the way at the back, and only allowed for a 35c commuter tyre.  It just just fitted.

Play around a bit, I'm sure you'll reach a nice compromise. 

I keep thinking about gravel - there's something immensely appealing about riding with the speed and responsiveness of the road -- but in the kind of spaces where the mountain biking happens. 

I wonder though if the fantasy might not be shattered when I'm having my prostate pummeled by vicious washboard miles from nowhere with three sips of water left in my bottle 'cos it's not cool to wear a camelbak while riding anything with drop handlebars.  

anyone have a 2017, 54cm specialized diverge elite for sale ?

#asking for a friend.

Not sure I can afford eddy's :(

Eddy is, cool, tell him to give you a Hub discount ;)

But I would like to know what he is going to ride the Swartberg on when we do it!

I keep thinking about gravel - there's something immensely appealing about riding with the speed and responsiveness of the road -- but in the kind of spaces where the mountain biking happens.

I wonder though if the fantasy might not be shattered when I'm having my prostate pummeled by vicious washboard miles from nowhere with three sips of water left in my bottle 'cos it's not cool to wear a camelbak while riding anything with drop handlebars.

Me too dude and I have no idea whether I will actually go through with it but the idea of the gravel bike and touring seems to pop up fairly regularly even though I am not thrilled with the idea of roughing it out in a tent.

Strange.....

Archived