Yet another tragic loss.

Cotic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two families lives shattered.

A 19 year old youngster has been arrested for the death of Nino.

Another motorist noted reckless driving.

Upon further investigation proof came to light.

So we can deduce that at that age, and that time of the morning it was most likely alcohol induced. The fact that this now can't be proved means he will have a reduced sentence than if he stopped on the scene and helped, and turned himself in (ie. the right thing to do).

That is a twisted outcome

Doesn't bring Nino back, just hope that while it goes onto the stack of incidents there is increased legislation/awareness/respect for cyclist/driver relationship.

Two families lives shattered.

A 19 year old youngster has been arrested for the death of Nino.

Another motorist noted reckless driving.

Upon further investigation proof came to light.

Very very true

The drinking and driving culture really is a problem. 

Tragic loss of Nino, strength to his family. 

To the young kid, unfortunately for him its something he will live with and the consequences of his actions. 

Just f'n uber.

So we can deduce that at that age, and that time of the morning it was most likely alcohol induced. The fact that this now can't be proved means he will have a reduced sentence than if he stopped on the scene and helped, and turned himself in (ie. the right thing to do).

That is a twisted outcome

Doesn't bring Nino back, just hope that while it goes onto the stack of incidents there is increased legislation/awareness/respect for cyclist/driver relationship.

This is where the law should be amended to have an outcome that should the culprit remain at the scene to assist the cyclist and he/she is under the influence, the law should punish accordingly. And if the culprit leaves the scene whether under the influence or not; the law should punish in probably a stricter manner than under the influence. Because fleeing the scene of an accident just highlights that you are not a decent human and probably should be removed from society for your transgressions.

Lets hope justice is served. Glad they found the coward.

Had so many other words to use to describe this person but coward was the nicest word that would avoid a ban.

"To be fair" He probably just paniced, he probably realised in about 7 seconds what he had done, how he had done it and his life was also going to be over. 

But yes, very stupid and in the end a cowardly action.

This is where the law should be amended to have an outcome that should the culprit remain at the scene to assist the cyclist and he/she is under the influence, the law should punish accordingly. And if the culprit leaves the scene whether under the influence or not; the law should punish in probably a stricter manner than under the influence. Because fleeing the scene of an accident just highlights that you are not a decent human and probably should be removed from society for your transgressions.

Fleeing the scene could, although not always and it would be hard to prove one way or the other I'm sure, mean the difference between the accident victim living or dying.

There was a case last year where the victim lay broken in a ditch and died there from his injuries some time later. The driver stopping to help could well have saved the rider. 

"To be fair" He probably just paniced, he probably realised in about 7 seconds what he had done, how he had done it and his life was also going to be over. 

But yes, very stupid and in the end a cowardly action.

You joking right?

What is coming to light is that if you hit and kill someone while drunk, it's far better to run away and hand yourself over a few days after the fact. 

:cursing:

Zero tolerance for alcohol and harsher punishment for hit and runs should be implemented. 

yoh, so the oke did this and then didn't even destroy evidence on the car.

When we were involved in a hit and run, when the cops found the car hidden in the attempted murderers garage, a piece of my riding partners bibs were still stuck in the smashed side view mirror of his car.