Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come down with a cold...so this is going to be a mare with my 9am start time. Im just praying I can finish the race now let alone achieve a sub 4..it doesn't matter how long it takes because depending on how I feel I might have to walk at certain points, which is what I was dreading even before I fell sick.

,[emoji58][emoji26][emoji37]

I've come down with a cold...so this is going to be a mare with my 9am start time. Im just praying I can finish the race now let alone achieve a sub 4..it doesn't matter how long it takes because depending on how I feel I might have to walk at certain points, which is what I was dreading even before I fell sick.

Hang in there Tabula, I also had a scratchy throat when I woke up this morning, chowing lozenges and corenza to try stop any lurgy, Sunday is still a bit away so you will feel better am sure.

main thing is to enjoy the day, time only important if you are a racing snake or if the ego can't be controlled.

Good luck !

I tweetie bird has told me that’s it’s not a ride, but a race... is that true?

Last year was really slow and controlled and I see they branded it Coffee ride this year so I suspect it will be same. Keep everyone together. 

Hang in there Tabula, I also had a scratchy throat when I woke up this morning, chowing lozenges and corenza to try stop any lurgy, Sunday is still a bit away so you will feel better am sure.

main thing is to enjoy the day, time only important if you are a racing snake or if the ego can't be controlled.

Good luck !

Try gargle with mouth wash or Andolex - worked for me compared to the lozenges.

Try gargle with mouth wash or Andolex - worked for me compared to the lozenges.

Linctagon C effervescents three times a day till Sunday and spray throat with andolex C 5 times a day. If it is the flu you are screwed either way, otherwise this should sort you out.

Don't ride with flu, not worth it to stres your heart with that.

This is going to be interesting.

I will be taking the Zeus on Satruday. But Sunday will be MTB for me. 

Have put "missing" poster for my fitness around my neighborhood, nothing yet.

next year i'll train... I promise...

Took a day's leave to go to the expo and number collection. Doing some other business too, should be at the Dome about 10:00ish. My son and I have the arrangement that I drive to go to the expo and number collection, and he drives on the morning of the race. With the price of petrol these days and also coming from Sasolburg one should make these types of arrangements to share costs. I REALLY hope I am not disappointed with the expo, at least I have give up on expecting anything worth the while regarding the goodie bag. 

Maybe one day there will be a system in place for us to print our own numbers, or the option of delivery by courier for us out of town participants, supporting races far away from us. It isn't always possible to drive to the JHB area twice, once for number collection and then again a day or so later to participate in the event.