All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Not that I am defending him or anything but Ackerman also abandoned with his eyes firmly set on Euro champs.

And in Pascal's defense he has a realistic shot at doing well, if the course suits him that is.

I am also now of the opinion that we've seen the best of the Manx Missile.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have almost  certainly seen the best of Cavendish but it is becoming a bit tiring to see how armchair critics continue to use him as a human punching bag.  As this topic is about TDD why not rather focus on the non performances of Gasporotto or O'Conner who lost 15-21 minutes respectively yesterday on a course that was supposed to suit them instead of abusing a sprinter who pulled out in order to freshen up for an upcoming championship race? 

We have almost  certainly seen the best of Cavendish but it is becoming a bit tiring to see how armchair critics continue to use him as a human punching bag.  As this topic is about TDD why not rather focus on the non performances of Gasporotto or O'Conner who lost 15-21 minutes respectively yesterday on a course that was supposed to suit them instead of abusing a sprinter who pulled out in order to freshen up for an upcoming championship race? 

Sports stars are certainly very happy to get praise and adoration from armchair fans, but the moment you are an armchair critic, its not acceptable? I'm sorry I don't buy into that.

They mostly get paid, because we watch them from our arm chairs, like most sports stars.

If Cavendish didn't moan and rant the way he did when was excluded from the TDF by TDD (as that is what this thread is about) then less people would be having a go at him.

If you want to criticize (or abuse as you put it) people like O'Conner and his performance, please feel free to do so, but don't tell other people what they can and cannot talk about because it makes you feel tired. 

Sports stars are certainly very happy to get praise and adoration from armchair fans, but the moment you are an armchair critic, its not acceptable? I'm sorry I don't buy into that.

They mostly get paid, because we watch them from our arm chairs, like most sports stars.

If Cavendish didn't moan and rant the way he did when was excluded from the TDF by TDD (as that is what this thread is about) then less people would be having a go at him.

If you want to criticize (or abuse as you put it) people like O'Conner and his performance, please feel free to do so, but don't tell other people what they can and cannot talk about because it makes you feel tired. 

Oops, but we are sensitive today...

i stated my opinion on the issue and that is all there is to it.

If it gives you joy to have the same old go at the same sport star over and over again please do not let my opinion stop you from having fun.  

Them fans still trying to get behind cav ????

As long as he fails we will criticize DD for damn selecting him. So many promising willing and able youngsters waiting in the wing. They probably won't win but much rather see them giving it their all than not giving a *** and just pulling out of of every race.

Often wondered why TDD didn't start a ladies team and have AMP as the leader. Would have been a safer bet than a lot of the marquee signing that they've outlaid in the current roster. 

Cavendish 31’st at the European Champs today.

I did see his UK helmet on the front of the chase pack for a while though! Then he faded to just over 2 mins back from the winner...

Cavendish 31’st at the European Champs today.

Yeah but look at the positives... 

1) He finished

2) He was 2nd in the 30 - 40 placings

3) He was 2nd placed UK rider

There is a lot of encouragement to take from that performance as he doesn't look to peak towards anything much at all in the back end of the season having decided not to to the Vuelta and the WCs are way too up and down. 

Well done cav... That is really impressive. Showing some serious form.

Surely TDD is regretting leaving him at home for TDF

With the showing they had at Le Tour I'm guessing that they regretted taking a squad at all. They should've just gone and watched as fans and took notes.