All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

The break is racing against itself now, trying to shed any dead weight. The gap is back up to 1.06

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 10 would mean he should be in best shape in a very very long time. Maybe he should try finish the vuelsta. Top 15 would be a very good result for him in my opinion

Based on his current form a top 30 will be an overachievement for him.

Steve Cummings made a nice breakaway in the Artic race of Norway only to get caught with about 100m to go and guess who won.... Mr VdPoel fresh of his mtb WC win last week and his first RR since Amstel Gold

The Vuelta a Burgos is on tv right now. Day 3 of a 5 day race south west of Pamplona.

https://www.vueltaburgos.com/es/

DD were doing well today but Movistar are now leading the peloton and are chasing down the break which had less than a minutes lead with 26 km to go. There seem to be a couple of DD riders off the back.

This Matt Beers' debut race for UAE - seems to be riding well, top 50-ish after three days. Can't even begin to imagine the mind*&^^ of going from pretty much solo riding in SA, to that.

Wow you guys are hard to please, give them a break!

Do you think it is easy to be a pro tour team? The competition is tough for the European teams and there are hundreds of them, never mind a team from some insignificant (cycling wise) country 11000 km away in africa

Yeah, I get that but I didn’t realise you got a cop out on performing because the team comes from Africa. It’s a competitive environment but TDD is in the world tour, the top tier and they can’t get into to a break. You could have removed them from le tour and giro and no one would have noticed. There was a time that no break, how suicidal, would go up the road with out a TDD rider there. People smash cav’ but at least he delivered some amazing results on the big stage. Nizzo has done well and saved the season to a degree (much like ben king did last year) but what about the top steps of the Amstel Gold race that they signed and haven’t even shown the shirt let alone delivered on the promise? Surely we’re allowed to ask or does the fact they are Africa’s team preclude them from criticism and scrutiny? Louie is a fan fav’ but believe he is getting a good contract and hasn’t won a thing since 2015. Yup, GC is a different beast and he’s delivered some top 10 presence in le Tour which is no mean feat but GC riders win stages and the intent Isn’t there. It’s follow wheels until you’re dropped and limit losses over everyone else to shore up you position. Not sure i’ve Ever seen what an attack from the cheddar looks like. All things said i’d Think a stage win would trump a 8th or 9th in terms of publicity and brand promotion. The qhubeka angle is touted in every press releas, interview and that is what the team is about but frankly the budget of a wt team can buy more bikes than the current awareness from the team is creating. Some one did the maths here and the tangible results from the bikes donors in the time the team has run is pretty average. Don’t forget they haven’t got a women’s team and their blooding of new African talent hasn’t been front and centre since they became more ‘global’.

They haven’t done well for 2 solid seasons and that is starting to become a habit.

Steve Cummings made a nice breakaway in the Artic race of Norway only to get caught with about 100m to go and guess who won.... Mr VdPoel fresh of his mtb WC win last week and his first RR since Amstel Gold

he really made a go of it.

must be feeling good

Yeah, I get that but I didn’t realise you got a cop out on performing because the team comes from Africa. It’s a competitive environment .....

....They haven’t done well for 2 solid seasons and that is starting to become a habit.

Saffas have won stages, TDD have won quite a bit of them, they have signed great up and coming young riders. I dont think us fans expect too much of them, but from the outside it looks as if something bad has happened in their structures that hinders performance. Surely it can be fixed? That is what I hope for - just for them to contest some results once more.

Saffas have won stages, TDD have won quite a bit of them, they have signed great up and coming young riders. I dont think us fans expect too much of them, but from the outside it looks as if something bad has happened in their structures that hinders performance. Surely it can be fixed? That is what I hope for - just for them to contest some results once more.

EF Education First are a good example of how change has resulted in renewed success after a couple of massively barren years. 

Nice 3rd place on Stage 5 of Vuelta a Burgos for TDD Eritrean Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier

Gives him a 6th overall in the GC

Edited by SwissVan

Nice 3rd place on Stage 5 of Vuelta a Burgos for TDD Eritrean Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier

Gives him a 6th overall in the GC

Louis 20th overall, 7'50 down 

Hopefully a warm up for the real Vuelta starting in a weeks time

Louis 20th overall, 7'50 down

Hopefully a warm up for the real Vuelta starting in a weeks time

You mean he is actually still in the race?

He finished all 5 stages, today was the last stage

Great achievement for him. He is all set for a top 150 placing at the Vuelta....

Great achievement for him. He is all set for a top 150 placing at the Vuelta....

Well its better than you, I or any other arm chair will do  :D