All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2016 TDD managed 16 wins in total at World Tour Level. 10 of these wins were during 2016.

Cav- 5

EBH-4

Cummings-4

Ben King- 2

Fraile - 1

Since 2016 TDD managed 16 wins in total at World Tour Level. 10 of these wins were during 2016.

Cav- 5

EBH-4

Cummings-4

Ben King- 2

Fraile - 1

Look it isn't easy winning a bike race, what bugs me a bit is their lack of top 10/results (depending on the race classification) where they can earn UCI points..

Compare their progression to Bora's who became a WT team at more or less the same time as them..

Edited by Gen

But as Robert Millar said, this is the biggest race in France after the TDF, bigger than Paris Nice. I get the fact that they have had injuries and illness and these guys were probably the best pencilled in to ride the event, the fact remains EBH had zero support.

Why do you go out of your way to call her by her old name?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/04/10/exclusive-philippa-york-interview-life-three-parts-cycling/

I'd have to say I still call her a mix of Robert Millar and PY. It's just habit prolly because remember hearing about her when I was very small and my dad showing me articles in Cycling Weekly wishing she'd win at the vuelta, the giro and the tour because that what was only really covered and she was abut the only english rider I'd ever heard of and one that looked like she could win something so shel's been bob miller longer than I've been trying to call er PY. Plus when you see her... It's Robert Millar but older an with long hair. :)  

Look it isn't easy winning a bike race, what bugs me a bit is their lack of top 10/results (depending on the race classification) where they can earn UCI points..

Compare their progression to Bora's who became a WT team at more or less the same time as them..

Bora has done exceptionally well and has managed more wins this year alone than TDD managed since Dimention Data became the title sponsor in 2016.

I assume they have a much bigger budget though? 

I guess you are right and I should move with the times and show more respect. Point taken.

Robert Millar was one of the people I followed closely over the years, few people can claim his palmares and this was in an era of true climbers, today I am not even sure who is considered a climber https://www.cycling-challenge.com/2008-tour-de-france-preview-stage-16-the-highest-road-in-europe/

Edited by tubed

I too believe Cav is past prime but I still see fight in him - does he have the will to commit properly I'm not sure.  I'm generally not a gambler but I made a few bob last time he was written off so if he's in,  a small flutter would probably be the only way to keep my interest in TDD

I too believe Cav is past prime but I still see fight in him - does he have the will to commit properly I'm not sure. I'm generally not a gambler but I made a few bob last time he was written off so if he's in, a small flutter would probably be the only way to keep my interest in TDD

Agreed.

It'll be interesting to see how he performs post Mono.

I'd have to say I still call her a mix of Robert Millar and PY. It's just habit prolly because remember hearing about her when I was very small and my dad showing me articles in Cycling Weekly wishing she'd win at the vuelta, the giro and the tour because that what was only really covered and she was abut the only english rider I'd ever heard of and one that looked like she could win something so shel's been bob miller longer than I've been trying to call er PY. Plus when you see her... It's Robert Millar but older an with long hair. :)

always had that Fignon style ponytail, now its a full shoulder length with a fringe, but I hear you on some amazing feats over his career

the persons identity really doesnt make an iota's difference to me, but I love her insights and opinions which are devoid of the machismo so often associated with cycling, its nice to hear someone with a substantiated opinion

always had that Fignon style ponytail, now its a full shoulder length with a fringe, but I hear you on some amazing feats over his career

the persons identity really doesnt make an iota's difference to me, but I love her insights and opinions which are devoid of the machismo so often associated with cycling, its nice to hear someone with a substantiated opinion

Plus she's happy to sign old photos either way unless I misread. Rumor has it she's making a comeback for TDD

Edited by Waynemol

I guess you are right and I should move with the times and show more respect. Point taken.

Robert Millar was one of the people I followed closely over the years, few people can claim his palmares and this was in an era of true climbers, today I am not even sure who is considered a climber https://www.cycling-challenge.com/2008-tour-de-france-preview-stage-16-the-highest-road-in-europe/

I just think if you knew her story, it's a bit disrespectful. My point is that the discussion was over her as the journalist, where she has used her new name. When Sting brings out an album, you don't say that Gordon Sumner has a hit record? That's just with pseudonyms, this is a much bigger change.

If you're talking about Robert Millar the cyclist from the 80's then it's totally acceptable.

I've made my point and don't really want to drag this out any further. Let's go back to the much more fun subject that is TDD dragging ass all over europe. 

OK Shebeen.

I hear you.

So let me start asking the questions, so that we can speculate further...

What happened to Dr Carol Austin?

I think I already agreed with you here:

"I guess you are right and I should move with the times and show more respect. Point taken."

Just to be 100% clear - apologies to Phillipa York, I have the greatest respect for her as a top climber in a generation of outstanding climbers, her ride over the Col de Bonette was a seminal moment in my armchair enthusiast days.

Nowadays I am an admirer of her insight as a cycling pundit.

Back to the cycling.