All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

At the unveiling of Vision 2020, which incorporates three main goals –

getting an African rider to win the Tour de France in 2020;

helping Qhubeka distribute 100 000 bicycles; and,

Mark Cavendish breaking the Tour de France’s record of total stage wins – 

Let's break it down.

*We're unlikely to see an african rider winning it this year or next. The only real option is to buy Chris Froome and call him african.

*They're on 90 000 bikes distributed, so that one looks on track.

*Cav has 30 to Merckx 34. so he needs to win 5, and he's only on contract for 2019 so that needs to be this year.

Edited by Shebeen ????

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I am losing faith too.

The only thing they seem to have done well this year is pull back the break for the other teams. Quite consistently they have been on the front in the classics and one week races, not having anyone in the break, but putting a few workhorses on the front to bring it back for the sprint, only to finish in 7-10th position.

Honestly there is nothing to write about at the moment, nothing.

They must be paying cyclingnews.com a retainer of sorts, because if Cavendish farts they feature it as a story. 

so another big break up the road, no one from DDD there.

very little to get excited about there!

To be honest with the profile today I wouldn't be looking leave the groupetto. 

Wonder what the team meetings are like each morning, they don't have a GC guy with a chance now so it's one option - get in a break. There have a full team there so each time a move goes - a TDD guy should go. Kiss enough frogs and all that. The climbing guys that were here to support LM - GO! LM - GO! Anyone goes in the first 30kms - GO!

Very disappointing to see this .

Doesn't look like they even in the race anymore .

Would expect more from a WT team ... especially one struggling so much to get results and exposure .

Possibly there is other S..t (politics )  going on behind the scenes ....  

At last.... hopefully it is the start of a good run for the team. 

Whats next, the Panorama? #AnythingForAWin 

Yeah right, a win is a win.

EBH beat Alexander Kristoff today.

Is Kristoff also doing the Panorama?  

:)

Interview with Doug Ryder in The cycling Podcast Kilometre 0 today. Hopefully he'll give some good answers and not just throw out PC responses.

You can always bet on EBH to wrap up 1 stage at TON. Not a World Tour race was it tho? Good to get a win what ever at this stage. 

Nice to see Gibbons up there but to be honest there aren't that many solid sprinters left at the giro. When you have Marco Haller thinking he has a chance you know the stocks are low. 

Interview with Doug Ryder in The cycling Podcast Kilometre 0 today. Hopefully he'll give some good answers and not just throw out PC responses.

You can always bet on EBH to wrap up 1 stage at TON. Not a World Tour race was it tho? Good to get a win what ever at this stage. 

Nice to see Gibbons up there but to be honest there aren't that many solid sprinters left at the giro. When you have Marco Haller thinking he has a chance you know the stocks are low. 

I was just about mention the interview with Doug scheduled in Kilometre 0 today. The Cycling Podcast is by far the best one can listen to. It will be a great interview I'm sure.