All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

It is sad to say but the "talent" in DDD would do well to perhaps move to other more supporting teams.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, with the exception of Vermote, the riders selected to support EBH at this race are just not good enough to be competitive at this high level of racing even if they try.

Fair point, let's hope this is not the case at the TdF.

Perhaps, with the exception of Vermote, the riders selected to support EBH at this race are just not good enough to be competitive at this high level of racing even if they try. 

I'd agree with this, no disrespect to Stefan de Bod as he is still very new.

But as Robert Millar said, this is the biggest race in France after the TDF, bigger than Paris Nice. I get the fact that they have had injuries and illness and these guys were probably the best pencilled in to ride the event, the fact remains EBH had zero support.

The irony is that the cameras and press tried as hard as they could to give him max coverage, but eventually they had to follow the racing action. So for all those pointless hours that DDD have been racking up over the preceding months chasing down breaks for DQS to take the sprint - this was the time they needed Tiller, van Rensburg, Thompson, Eisl, Renshaw, Vermote to be on the front. Not at the Tour of Norway with no TV coverage.

I seriously hope Dlamini and cummings were sick and not bailing due to form.

On the positive side, it seems quite clear who has form in the team and who not - hopefully we don't see some silly team selections for the TDF.

Anyway enough ranting from me, over to the Race to Rhodes 

Cummings was sick with a chest infection, you have to wonder what TDD are thinking even to put him into the race if they knew he was ill and would likely pull out after the first stage....

Cummings was sick with a chest infection, you have to wonder what TDD are thinking even to put him into the race if they knew he was ill and would likely pull out after the first stage....

In a whole DDD seem to struggle with illness.

I'd agree with this, no disrespect to Stefan de Bod as he is still very new.

But as Robert Millar said, this is the biggest race in France after the TDF, bigger than Paris Nice. I get the fact that they have had injuries and illness and these guys were probably the best pencilled in to ride the event, the fact remains EBH had zero support.

The irony is that the cameras and press tried as hard as they could to give him max coverage, but eventually they had to follow the racing action. So for all those pointless hours that DDD have been racking up over the preceding months chasing down breaks for DQS to take the sprint - this was the time they needed Tiller, van Rensburg, Thompson, Eisl, Renshaw, Vermote to be on the front. Not at the Tour of Norway with no TV coverage.

I seriously hope Dlamini and cummings were sick and not bailing due to form.

On the positive side, it seems quite clear who has form in the team and who not - hopefully we don't see some silly team selections for the TDF.

Anyway enough ranting from me, over to the Race to Rhodes

But you know they will give Cav that one last shot at breaking the TDF stage win record..[emoji17]

But you know they will give Cav that one last shot at breaking the TDF stage win record..[emoji17]

I have never seen so much work and effort put in to support a quitter... IMO.

funny enough that would not be a "silly selection" in my view - he's def good for a stage win and lots of publicity - something they get more than they deserve of. On that point if Jean Smythe is still doing the PR, that's one aspect of the team firing on all cylinders because they get way more coverage than they are due.

they can forget about the overall or even top ten

So I'd go with:

EBH

Cav

King

Valgren (he has to come good at some stage)

Kreuzinger

Stagter

Reini

Tiller

Wyss

On paper that's more firepower than most tier two teams could hope for and without the pressure of overall it has lots of options for stage wins.

What are the odds on that?

cav probably wont even make it to the sprint yet alone compete for the win... his ship and sailed and sunk. 

funny enough that would not be a "silly selection" in my view - he's def good for a stage win and lots of publicity - something they get more than they deserve of. On that point if Jean Smythe is still doing the PR, that's one aspect of the team firing on all cylinders because they get way more coverage than they are due.

they can forget about the overall or even top ten

So I'd go with:

EBH

Cav

King

Valgren (he has to come good at some stage)

Kreuzinger

Stagter

Reini

Tiller

Wyss

On paper that's more firepower than most tier two teams could hope for and without the pressure of overall it has lots of options for stage wins.

And if Cav goes the his sidekicks go too..that means they will take up at least 3/4 spots in the TDF team.

If Cav gets any result in the Tour of Slovenia (starting on 19 June) he is a certainty for the TdF.

And if Cav goes the his sidekicks go too..that means they will take up at least 3/4 spots in the TDF team.

that to me would be the aforementioned "silly selection", he doesn't need those 2 to win the type of sprint he is now capable of in my view - Reini is there for that

Anyone can ride at the back with a chest infection.

I have never seen so much work and effort put in to support a quitter... IMO.

Yup that quitter who finished the TdF stage all on his own when most of the rest of the non quitter sprinters had spat the dummy and climbed in the broom wagon and bailed. One of only 5 guys who won anything for TDD last year (and I'm including the Eritrean national title in there). The quitter how has had EB for 2 seasons and one season undiagnosed and still put on a jersey and fronted up to races. How many races did you see Chaves at last year once he plummeted out of the Giro? 

Edited by Dirt Tracker