All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie the Bos! 

He has been carrying this team for the last few years! Tbh, he is the only WT rider that seems to have the ability to win. Maybe he needs to share his training formula/discipline with the rest of the team.

Eddie the Bos! 

He has been carrying this team for the last few years! Tbh, he is the only WT rider that seems to have the ability to win. Maybe he needs to share his training formula/discipline with the rest of the team.

Agreed, love the guy to bits!

Plus, because he took the first stage, he is in yellow the whole day today... Not sure he will finish with the front okes today, seems a bit hilly, but lets see.

Agreed, love the guy to bits!

Plus, because he took the first stage, he is in yellow the whole day today... Not sure he will finish with the front okes today, seems a bit hilly, but lets see.

First he must get Cummings who came in second last yesterday, to ride on the front! Poor old Julien Vermote will likely do all the work.

First he must get Cummings who came in second last yesterday, to ride on the front! Poor old Julien Vermote will likely do all the work.

cummings finished with vermote.....

Me as a Spindoctor for TDD:

"TDD as a world tour team is oblidged to send riders to all of the World Tour events. We decided that the TDF section of the season is our main focus point and thus we prepared our main riders for this part of the season, knowing full well that we will be compromising our chances of success in the early part of the season. We still sent teams to other events on the calendar, but the goal was really for them to earn experience in those events and the pressure was never on them to bring home results.

EBH winning a stage of the Tour of Norway and Stage 1 of the Criterium du Dauphine, subsequently winning the Yellow Jersey in the process shows that the guys are peaking at the right time of the season according to our plan.

All is well at TDD and we expect big results at the upcoming TDF..."   :)

cummings finished with vermote.....

You right Vermote finished 4 places ahead of Cummings. Which is 5 places ahead of the last rider. But Vermote literally pulled at the front for DQS when he was there and was in the break yesterday so he gets a pass from me. Cummings however....

Moot point though since someone posted that Cummings had abandoned.

Edited by Big Phil

spicey racing on right now!

You right Vermote finished 4 places ahead of Cummings. Which is 5 places ahead of the last rider. But Vermote literally pulled at the front for DQS when he was there and was in the break yesterday so he gets a pass from me. Cummings however....

Moot point though since someone posted that Cummings had abandoned.

finishing order in the autobus is always moot point.

Me as a Spindoctor for TDD:

"TDD as a world tour team is oblidged to send riders to all of the World Tour events. We decided that the TDF section of the season is our main focus point and thus we prepared our main riders for this part of the season, knowing full well that we will be compromising our chances of success in the early part of the season. We still sent teams to other events on the calendar, but the goal was really for them to earn experience in those events and the pressure was never on them to bring home results.

EBH winning a stage of the Tour of Norway and Stage 1 of the Criterium du Dauphine, subsequently winning the Yellow Jersey in the process shows that the guys are peaking at the right time of the season according to our plan.

All is well at TDD and we expect big results at the upcoming TDF..." :)

Ramaphosa, is that you?

Was piss poor disappointing to see EBH in yellow with not a single teammate around him to help, he clearly wanted to try and hang on to the jersey and got zero help.

By all accounts it was similar to Paris Nice with the big guns and their teams racing on day 2 of a stage race - so there was no armchair ride and a sprint finish for EBH, kudos to him for doing justice to the jersey and at least fighting to the end.

Perhaps J Vermote can get a pass for being in the break the day before, but for the rest, unless there is some breakaway action in the rest of the week, thats it for their race for the week, so it turns into another training ride with us scrolling down the results to look for DNF's.

Yay, Eddy won. Phew. 

Phillipa York has a few choice things to ay on the LM and Cav' angle and the tour. 

https://play.acast.com/s/the-cycling-news-podcast/criterium-du-dauphine-podcast-froome-porte-kwiatko

The was quite damning and deservedly so. 

Was piss poor disappointing to see EBH in yellow with not a single teammate around him to help, he clearly wanted to try and hang on to the jersey and got zero help.

By all accounts it was similar to Paris Nice with the big guns and their teams racing on day 2 of a stage race - so there was no armchair ride and a sprint finish for EBH, kudos to him for doing justice to the jersey and at least fighting to the end.

Perhaps J Vermote can get a pass for being in the break the day before, but for the rest, unless there is some breakaway action in the rest of the week, thats it for their race for the week, so it turns into another training ride with us scrolling down the results to look for DNF's.

EBH seems to be the only one left with fight in him. The rest don't seem to care.

The was quite damning and deservedly so. 

EBH seems to be the only one left with fight in him. The rest don't seem to care.

Perhaps, with the exception of Vermote, the riders selected to support EBH at this race are just not good enough to be competitive at this high level of racing even if they try.