All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

It has not been the worst few days for TDD this week.

Eddy with a win and two top 10s and then Reinhardt got a third place yesterday as well.

I think they can send quite a good TDF team for July.

Would just like to have an on form climber in the team as well for GC.

Lets see what King and LM do in Swiss this week.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that Cav is done as a TDF sprint stage winner .

He looks nervous in the bunch compared with the likes of Vivianni and Gaviria et al .

What about TDD sending a team of young , hungry guys who may just throw cation to the wind and get an unexpected result or two . If their DS allows .

I would however certainly throw Eddie Boss into the mix as he seems to really be able to self motivate  , which might rub off on a few younger guys , don't think it will have any affect on Cav .

There might even be a small rivalry between them 2 ....

My opinion is that Cav is done as a TDF sprint stage winner .

He looks nervous in the bunch compared with the likes of Vivianni and Gaviria et al .

What about TDD sending a team of young , hungry guys who may just throw cation to the wind and get an unexpected result or two . If their DS allows .

I would however certainly throw Eddie Boss into the mix as he seems to really be able to self motivate  , which might rub off on a few younger guys , don't think it will have any affect on Cav .

There might even be a small rivalry between them 2 ....

I honestly do not think they have any "young hungry guys" capable to pull off a TdF victory.

IMO the only riders in the team who are capable of getting a stage win in the TdF are Eddy, Cav,  Ben King and perhaps Kreuzinger.

They are taking a strong sprint team to the Tour of Slovenia and hopefully Cav will get a result there to boost his confidence.If he don't get at least some sort of a result there I will rather take Nizzolo to the TdF as the main sprinter. 

At least the vibe towards the team  (and hopefully also the vibe within the team) seems to be a bit more positive after the good performances of Eddy over the last few weeks. 

Fully agree with you DSW , but how many times have we seen riders in the break that are not big names or GC contenders , and the main bunch get their sums wrong and never catch the break .... Tommy Voeckler is a prime example ...

Maybe there is an unpolished diamond hiding somewhere in the depths of the TDD despair..... 

I agree  that Cav seem to be nervous , if you look at this years races in the few times he was with the bunch I think he only sprinted once. The rest of the times he do not sprint due to various reasons.

However he indicated once something along  , "it looked dangerous but the younger guys did not seam to mind that". That confirmed it for me. It is not easy to get around that fear, not impossible but a few sprints to get himself right however he did not make the sprints of the last few races.

I honestly do not think they have any "young hungry guys" capable to pull off a TdF victory.

IMO the only riders in the team who are capable of getting a stage win in the TdF are Eddy, Cav,  Ben King and perhaps Kreuzinger.

They are taking a strong sprint team to the Tour of Slovenia and hopefully Cav will get a result there to boost his confidence.If he don't get at least some sort of a result there I will rather take Nizzolo to the TdF as the main sprinter. 

At least the vibe towards the team  (and hopefully also the vibe within the team) seems to be a bit more positive after the good performances of Eddy over the last few weeks. 

I'd be tempted to put a lot into EBH for this tour. He seems to have some good form and has won stages before. I just don't think Nizzolo can win at the tour with the depth of pure sprinters who are going. He's never won a WT stage although he has given TDD a win this year which have been few and far between. EBH can mix it up with a variety of finishes and that should give more opportunities this edition. 

So let me start asking the questions, so that we can speculate further...

What happened to Dr Carol Austin?

Very good question, been wondering about this for awhile and if it is tied to their results so far this year

2nd place for TDD Italian sprinter Nizzo in the Tour os Slovenia

Gasparotto in the break

97th for Cav was dropped in the climb

Nizzo is not the greatest sprinter in the world but he is very consistent and probably  deserves a spot in the TDD TdF squad at this stage.

awesome vid of an Astana rider, riding a trek in his DDD kit.

https://vimeo.com/342537339

that about sums it up, right?

Not sure what you mean?

Kudus showed a lot of promise and I guess still does but for me he has for TDD always performed well but always have one bad day in a Tour where he fall away, almost like Tejay.

Maybe TDD should have focused him on the shorter tours.

He however has faired better for Astana this year , but all in shorter Tours.

Not sure what you mean?

Kudus showed a lot of promise and I guess still does but for me he has for TDD always performed well but always have one bad day in a Tour where he fall away, almost like Tejay.

Maybe TDD should have focused him on the shorter tours.

He however has faired better for Astana this year , but all in shorter Tours.

was just saying we let our most promising African rider go...and he's improved since!

basically the whole Africa's team thing has failed, unfortunately

Tour of Slovenia contd....

Cav appears to be on domestic duties this tour

Esteban Chaves came off twice (maybe 3 times) on the last descent but is ok and in the chase group with 5 km to go.

was just saying we let our most promising African rider go...and he's improved since!

basically the whole Africa's team thing has failed, unfortunately

Jip, Agreed but I was not a fan of Kudus as he would always fall away on the important stages.

They indicated at the end of last year that it was to expensive to have so many African riders.

DO not understand how that works but yes. LM is not going to make it with the way he has eaten his vegetables the last few years, so the African dream is gone for now. Amanuel Gabr.... Who did quite well in the end in the Giro is the next talent but has a way to go yet.

No TDD riders contesting the sprint

Lead group caught on the line.....

Luka Mezgec MTS wins by a bike length

No TDD riders contesting the sprint

Lead group caught on the line.....

Luka Mezgec MTS wins by a bike length

cav dropped again?