Cyclist shot at cradle...

sunchaser

If I didn't already have enough reasons to hate (yes hate) the media:

https://roodepoortnorthsider.co.za/279929/cycling-shops-now-mum-about-bicycle-prices/

They report on the fact that the police think that making criminals aware that bicycles are really expensive endangers cyclists then they quote an exorbitant price for one of the most expensive bicycles around...which endangers cyclists...exactly like in the article they just wrote. How farkin thick are thses guys?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you said it.

the way this country is going there is a way to stop it- and only 1 way that would work- a group of say 5 cycle, and are all armed, and well trained. if 2 guys with guns ambush them those 2 are shot dead on the spot. this will work. it wont be implemented for many many reasons, but it will work. but yeh it wont happen and these attacks will continue. it is too easy for 3 guys 2 armed with guns to hide and ambush cyclists. 

if pure robbery or desperation was the motive then why shoot him in the BACK (like callous savage hate filled vicious cowards) after they had outnumbered him 3-1 and they were armed and he wasnt? take the bike and leave. they shot him to murder him. or- did they shoot him to murder him in the BACK first? and then take the bike. either way its way past the point of "i have a weapon gimme what you have" which is how robbery works in say canada. it has moved into the realm of pure evil where you are assassinated for a material thing.

I hear you on the first part, but shoot a gook for any reason at all and you will be arrested and charged immediately. I would sign up tomorrow I am so sick of these cowards.......and where do they get the guns??? from all the guns us white people have handed in to police stations across the country for fear of being locked up for "lawful" possession. Read the Presidents Keepers, you will be shocked that 2500 firearms that were handed in at 1 police station in Joburg were sold to gangs in CTN and being used daily in violent crime.

We are on a loser here unfortunately. Time to just hit the rollers in the garage. And even that isn't safe. just keep the door closed. Eish, enough man!!!

rant on

I understand the anger espoused by this incident, but I must make my reservations about cyclists riding "packing heat" heard.

If this is the intended course of action by a small bunch of dimwitted idiots, I will give up cycling, because the moment it becomes common knowledge that not only are we targets enough for some expensive bicycles and gear, now we are also targets to go shopping for weapons, this will only lead to one thing...more of what happened to Jim.

Honestly people, if you come up with such a stupid idea as to ride with a gun, then FFS at least do the rest of us a favour, and let us know when you start this stupid idea, so that the rest of us can take up another sport, where we are less likely to be shot because of your narcissism and fear.

Wake up, stupid people...

rant off

Just a passing thought...

Some are riding bikes past others, bikes that are valued more than others will earn with a full time job in a year and expecting no animosity 

Received a message that victims of Bike jacking must contact Laura Byrne from Carte Blanche.

Her number is 063 5zero5 455zero

Here's the platform to make our voices heard!

rant on

I understand the anger espoused by this incident, but I must make my reservations about cyclists riding "packing heat" heard.

If this is the intended course of action by a small bunch of dimwitted idiots, I will give up cycling, because the moment it becomes common knowledge that not only are we targets enough for some expensive bicycles and gear, now we are also targets to go shopping for weapons, this will only lead to one thing...more of what happened to Jim.

Honestly people, if you come up with such a stupid idea as to ride with a gun, then FFS at least do the rest of us a favour, and let us know when you start this stupid idea, so that the rest of us can take up another sport, where we are less likely to be shot because of your narcissism and fear.

rant off

Just a thought.

Maybe a well trained person with a gun is no longer a "Victim"

Second thought.

I have seen cyclists riding with 9mm long before this forum started.

It's nothing new.  

Just a thought.

Maybe a well trained person with a gun is no longer a "Victim"

Second thought.

I have seen cyclists riding with 9mm long before this forum started.

It's nothing new.  

Yup. I'm not a big fan of guns but I respect someone's right to protect themselves.

I'm not sure thieves would view riders with weapons as such easy targets but I guess that is a handbagfest at least 50 pages longer than ebikes discussions!

How about a rider on an e-bike with a gun and long socks? The universe might implode.

Hope Jim is recovering meanwhile.

No worries all will be fine just don’t add a saddle bag ????

Keep looking here for news... hope he is going to be OK.

rant on

rant of

May I suggest golf?