[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

I've entered after not road racing solo for a long long long time.  I'm expecting to take a hammering on my start time.  PPA seeding only has one result still listed for me and it was from the One Tonner two years ago which we rode as a team and it went badly :thumbdown:

Really hope there are people further back in the field who want to work with me to get to the beers at the end as quickly as possible. 

There always are, and with the right group of 5 or 10, you can ride an amazing time from the tail end. It's just that they are difficult to find because there are far more who want to sit on your wheel and get pulled along to a great time. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've entered after not road racing solo for a long long long time.  I'm expecting to take a hammering on my start time.  PPA seeding only has one result still listed for me and it was from the One Tonner two years ago which we rode as a team and it went badly :thumbdown:

Really hope there are people further back in the field who want to work with me to get to the beers at the end as quickly as possible. 

Just wheel-suck the Savages on their second lap.....

You can use any racetec result to query your seeding at registration.

They will give you a better seeding if you can show them a recent event where your index is better than the index they have used to initially calculate your seeding.

So if you killed 99er or Sportive, you can use that to prove that you belong in a higher seeded group.

I chatted to the racetec guy at 99er reg, he told me this. I don't know how the penalties and premier status works with all of this, but this what the guy at racetec told me.

Index of 17.84 .... seeded in 2B..... meh

I might have jumped the gun with that post - 2B is not your seeding group from last year?

Yes it is!!!!

Woulda felt a bit done in if 17.84 gets 2b

I might have jumped the gun with that post - 2B is not your seeding group from last year?

Likely a 1D or E

PPA seeding its a D, the Argust has normally has more riders that are not part of PPA so everyone's seeding normally drop down one or two groups. Will be interesting to see who entered and how big the groups are this year.

Anything that starts with a 1 is going to make me a happy mamil ... I might shave my legs

17.84 is probably a 1F

Likely a 1D or E

PPA seeding its a D, the Argust has normally has more riders that are not part of PPA so everyone's seeding normally drop down one or two groups. Will be interesting to see who entered and how big the groups are this year.

Hmmmmmm but Argus groups are bigger so the seeding run should capture more riders.

E.g for PPA 1A May only have 100 riders. 1B the next 100 on so on.

Argus will take 250 so 1A Argus could cover as far as 1C in PPA. Accounting for upcountry riders maybe At worst 1B so PPA 1D could translate to 1C Argus. I would think riders would be bumped up rather than down?

Hmmmmmm but Argus groups are bigger so the seeding run should capture more riders.

E.g for PPA 1A May only have 100 riders. 1B the next 100 on so on.

Argus will take 250 so 1A Argus could cover as far as 1C in PPA. Accounting for upcountry riders maybe At worst 1B so PPA 1D could translate to 1C Argus. I would think riders would be bumped up rather than down?

Depends on how many non PPA members take part I guess. Having looked at my results in the past you are correct it’s almost been a direct correlation if not improve one group.

Guess logic wasn’t on my side yesterday! [emoji1787]

Anything that starts with a 1 is going to make me a happy mamil ... I might shave my legs

In nomine patris, 3 hail Mary's and a 'Now I have heard it all'...

Edited by Thor Buttox