[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

This year, I don't think I will be catching anyone. What group you in? But in years gone by with this order, I don't recall catching any of the groups ahead of us. When I was fit we would be with the front tandems till about half way up chappies and then I check out. Usually the group behind would catch us towards the top of chappies and we would drop them on the decent and then up suikerbossie they would catch us again. 

I'm in & this year, so only two minutes to make up. Not sure how I'll go, if I can't stick with the group up Edinburgh, I'll be hoping for the tandems to come past ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in & this year, so only two minutes to make up. Not sure how I'll go, if I can't stick with the group up Edinburgh, I'll be hoping for the tandems to come past ;)

& means you certainly can pedal. What kit/bike? I will look out for you at the finish. I doubt I will catch you.

So, whose going to the expo tomorrow? At least it will be a better start than last year seeing as the numbers will be pre-printed.

Me....

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

& means you certainly can pedal. What kit/bike? I will look out for you at the finish. I doubt I will catch you.

I'll be wearing a brand-new club 21 shirt, gray/black/white Merida bike, and (unless I find a really good special at the expo) Kask Protone that clashes with everything else I own.

See you there!

So, whose going to the expo tomorrow? At least it will be a better start than last year seeing as the numbers will be pre-printed.

We'll go on Friday as usual. Which worked great last year, it gives them time to sort out the usual bugs in the system.

Me....

We therefore expect from you a post bitching and moaning about the goodie bag and the rest of the expo please.

I'll be wearing a brand-new club 21 shirt, gray/black/white Merida bike, and (unless I find a really good special at the expo) Kask Protone that clashes with everything else I own.

See you there!

We'll go on Friday as usual. Which worked great last year, it gives them time to sort out the usual bugs in the system.

Same here, it's a nice middle ground. Plus then it is out of the way and we can enjoy the rest of the day.

Probably be dead, as we are leaving tomorrow night, but it helps to avoid the selling tactics of the expo when you look like a zombie

We therefore expect from you a post bitching and moaning about the goodie bag and the rest of the expo please.

It's only my 2nd time ever so I'm still a noob that enjoys everything and wont complain

I am not going to the expo this year. First time ever in 29 years!!!! I am only flying down Saturday and don't feel like doing much walking after the flight. My folks will go on Friday. My Dad will have to sign my Club-21 name for me.

I am not going to the expo this year. First time ever in 29 years!!!! I am only flying down Saturday and don't feel like doing much walking after the flight. My folks will go on Friday. My Dad will have to sign my Club-21 name for me.

FRAUD

And that is?

Between Windguru and Windy im pretty sure its a repeat of 2017:

- Cycle Tour Trust were already alerted to wind conditions

- Ran ahead with plans as if nothing was wrong, even letting off a couple of groups on the morning

- Stopping the event when the start area under the civic center became unmanageable

- Also $ and % groups had major falls around Blue Route Mall

- Also at the same time a seperate concern around kommetjie part of the course, leading to a route change because of demonstrations and obstructions on the road.

Edited by Kom