[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

1E for me...

Off to put my finger down my throat and start losing truck loads more weight before I get dropped before even clipping in!!

On a serious note though, seeding seems generous, my seeding has improved from "N" to "C" on PPA mainly due to a few PPA Sportifs and I think they used my last Sportif of last year to get to this seeding..

Very generous, But I'll take the bike by the bars or bull by the horns and see how long I can hang on for till I bonk!!

Quick qu, anyone have any idea which would be the last group which would realistically be aiming for a Sub3?? I remember they used to say it's really difficult to ride a sub 3 if you were D or below, but with the new seeding letters/numbers, I'm really not sure now..

Same as me. Last year a friend rode a 2:57 from 1F, although conditions were perfect.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1E for me...

Off to put my finger down my throat and start losing truck loads more weight before I get dropped before even clipping in!!

On a serious note though, seeding seems generous, my seeding has improved from "N" to "C" on PPA mainly due to a few PPA Sportifs and I think they used my last Sportif of last year to get to this seeding..

Very generous, But I'll take the bike by the bars or bull by the horns and see how long I can hang on for till I bonk!!

Quick qu, anyone have any idea which would be the last group which would realistically be aiming for a Sub3?? I remember they used to say it's really difficult to ride a sub 3 if you were D or below, but with the new seeding letters/numbers, I'm really not sure now..

After 10 Cycle Tours I have found that C group is very well positioned for Sub 3 times. The last few events C has caught both B and A batches to create a large peloton that becomes this big animal by the time you swoop down into Scarborough. Sub 3's are also very weather dependent. Last year was probably one of the best years we've had for good times. Its obviously too early to speculate the weather forecast - but there have been some gusty South Easters around (not uncommon though) so its probably 50/50 right now for a quiet day. 

Best way to get a Sub 3 from E and below is to speak to the guys at the front of your group whilst you're waiting. One year we had a guy in C batch who literally just told all the front guys how we would ride together! He called all the shots (told us to chill up Edinborough so we stayed in a group; co-ordinated the rolling off the front to spare the riders - it took confidence and balls but we all listened and it worked like a charm!)

Spoke to a co-worker who is in 1D, he said the reason me and him are seeded this high is indeed because of One Tonner. Can't remember when last I took part in an event that had a Beta of 2 or more.

Hi of 25'C

Realfeel of 27'C (WTF that is)

20% of precipitation, but 0cm of precipitation

no snow or ice

WIND SW11km/h gusting to 24km/h

I give this a 5% accuracy guarantee.

let's see on the 11 how close it was.

So long as it is 100% accurate about the snow and ice I'm happy. 

Agreed, seeding index didn't really change either yet we also dropped a few groups. Oh well

It's coz people like me went up a group  :ph34r:

Hi everyone I’ve got an entry available for the race, my brother can’t make it anymore.

Kind regards.

Edited by Bennie.Erasmus

At 05:00 I have seen no increase. 

Made me climb a few hills this morning - 2 minutes and 37 seconds slower than you did last month.  You were probably cruising for a piece of cheesecake and I was really trying.  My PB in fact.  But i'm guessing me sleeping at 5 whilst others train would account for my lack of pace.  That and limited talent.  I would try the old "I was on an MTB" excuse but on this hill with me as the jockey my hardtail is the fastest (easiest) way up

post-81229-0-47270700-1550222691_thumb.jpg

Made me climb a few hills this morning - 2 minutes and 37 seconds slower than you did last month.  You were probably cruising for a piece of cheesecake and I was really trying.  My PB in fact.  But i'm guessing me sleeping at 5 whilst others train would account for my lack of pace.  That and limited talent.  I would try the old "I was on an MTB" excuse but on this hill with me as the jockey my hardtail is the fastest (easiest) way up

That was a pretty well metered effort. Also first time I have taken my road bike on holiday for years. Probably going to do it again this year. 

That climb is tough and there is no place to hide as it never eases off. 

Thanks, that strava leader board to Hoekwill is the only time my name is ever above Gert

Was it die muishond.

I've tried this before at various races ... I start out all like - "OK everyone this is how it's going to work" but what comes out is something like :if it looks like I'm getting dropped pretty please just soft pedal for a bit".

After 10 Cycle Tours I have found that C group is very well positioned for Sub 3 times. The last few events C has caught both B and A batches to create a large peloton that becomes this big animal by the time you swoop down into Scarborough. Sub 3's are also very weather dependent. Last year was probably one of the best years we've had for good times. Its obviously too early to speculate the weather forecast - but there have been some gusty South Easters around (not uncommon though) so its probably 50/50 right now for a quiet day. 
Best way to get a Sub 3 from E and below is to speak to the guys at the front of your group whilst you're waiting. One year we had a guy in C batch who literally just told all the front guys how we would ride together! He called all the shots (told us to chill up Edinborough so we stayed in a group; co-ordinated the rolling off the front to spare the riders - it took confidence and balls but we all listened and it worked like a charm!)

Was it die muishond.

I've tried this before at various races ... I start out all like - "OK everyone this is how it's going to work" but what comes out is something like :if it looks like I'm getting dropped pretty please just soft pedal for a bit".

:D When I try that the skinny young snakes look at me like they are at a stand-up comedy show and I'm telling a bad joke.