[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Entered for my third official -- excluding take 1 on the 40th ----

Will there ever be another perfect day like the 2018 one? Cos if there isn't it means I've already posted my fastest time for this race....

2016 was pretty good in terms of weather, so maybe 2020?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 was pretty good in terms of weather, so maybe 2020?

Also working on one good one bad weather race approach

Also working on one good one bad weather race approach

If 2014 was good, a pattern could have been established, seeing as 2015 was shortened due to the fires. 

50 year gap - 12 and 62.

Flipping cool man. My toppie is also 62 but my oldest lightie is only 2.5 so you guys started early :whistling: . Good luck, it will be a blast.

Strava now used for Seeding ... WTF

We are using your Strava data for seeding too.If you'd like to give us access to your rides,please open your PPA profile and tick the appropriate box.You will then be directed to the Strava website and asked to allow RaceTec access to your profile. Now might be the ideal time to do that as you gear up for the summer and don't have enough decent results to push you into the seeding batch you'd like to be in.That PB up Chappies might just come in handy now! Please bear in mind that PPA seeding is available to paid-up PPA members only.
Cape Town Cycle Tour

Seems not...or someone hacked their profile.. this will for SURE last till Friday

Just performed the "link", you have to log into your racetec profile and then update your details, after which it will allow you to link to fb and / or strava

Seems not...or someone hacked their profile.. this will for SURE last till Friday

Well there goes the neighbourhood. Ebike here I come....!!

Well there goes the neighbourhood. Ebike here I come....!!

THAT was exactly my concern (especially if you can override the 25km/h limit on it).  Maybe they have got some way of controlling it, but would prefer some additional info on the matter

I think it’s a great idea, rewards actual fitness. It’s just another way to get people riding bikes, Lekker. People have always complained they never get a seeding because don’t do PPA races, well here is your chance.

If you crack a 4:30 sugar bushy into A you go... the first climb in actual race will determine if you cheated or not ????

I think it’s a great idea, rewards actual fitness. It’s just another way to get people riding bikes, Lekker. People have always complained they never get a seeding because don’t do PPA races, well here is your chance.

If you crack a 4:30 sugar bushy into A you go... the first climb in actual race will determine if you cheated or not

I am trying to be an optimist in that they have put in some proper algorithms into the determination, so assume it won't just be one ride that will count, but if they see you are consistently putting in the efforts.