[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Thanks

Would not want a reverse route to be honest.

Adjusting onramp would be awesome, was a ball ache this year.

Thinking about the reverse loop, doubt it will happen as that would mean that the roads on the M3 / Nelson Mandela will need to be closed for longer, but that would really change the WHOLE dynamic of the race. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but why are international entries 1k?

I am an SA citizen residing in Namibia, but I get charged the full grand. Add travel and accommodation to the entry fee and it's 1 x SA citizen that won't be able to take part

I heard something about CTCT being associated with a few other races worldwide and that was the agreement reached by the various guys running these events...????

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but why are international entries 1k?

I am an SA citizen residing in Namibia, but I get charged the full grand. Add travel and accommodation to the entry fee and it's 1 x SA citizen that won't be able to take part

edit: question already asked by others 

Edited by LeoKnight

Nevermind, you are unable to change your country of residence 

Maybe it can be requested that our neighboring countries are not classified as "international", ie Namibia, Botswana, Zim and Lesotho.

Anybody encounter this error prompt?

I got it on my phone's browser. Tried it again on my chrome app on the phone and no problems

Entries done. However the only email i got back was just a reciept of payment. Is that enough?

Also still waiting for a confirmation of entry, presume that will come once they close and finalise the entries

Entry done. What's my seeding? WHAT'S my seeding?? WHAT'S MY SEEDING?? Oh and will the wind blow?

Seeding won't be as high as you would have liked, and the wind is going to be pumping.. with the chance that it will switch from a south east to north west half way lol, anything better than this is a bonus

Edited by LeoKnight

Also still waiting for a confirmation of entry, presume that will come once they close and finalise the entries

I used to get very good feedback from them. Then, a few years ago it stopped. I suspect that it has something to do with me not ticking the little box that allows them to send me all manner of unsolicited promotional e-mails. ???

I used to get very good feedback from them. Then, a few years ago it stopped. I suspect that it has something to do with me not ticking the little box that allows them to send me all manner of unsolicited promotional e-mails. ???

yeah, but I would rather not tick that box, otherwise you end up with the ASG issue of getting many emails a day about the same race

I actually gave them a call yesterday after I entered and had not received anything. They had my fathers email address on the Racetec system from when he entered us into the Knysna Cycle Tour a few months ago. I just gave them my email address and a few seconds later received my conformation of entry. Give them a call, they are really friendly and very happy to help. I recon they are pulling serious amps with litterally thousands of entries pouring in. 

Its my first time so I cannot wait! Plan is to get well fit enough to able to enjoy and not bleed through it to the end.