[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour, and having participated in 15 - 20 tours, we wish to offer you the unique opportunity to enter and pay for a 2019 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry before we open entries to the general public.

This is a limited offer only available to cyclists who have completed 15 - 20 tours and will only be valid from today, 27 August 2018 until Monday, 3 September 2018 at 4pm. Thereafter, this opportunity will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

All entries done after 3 September, will have to be done through the General Entries Tier which opens on Thursday, 6 September 2018.

Entry fees for 2019:
PPA member – R510
Non PPA member – R540
International – R1000

Click here to pay for your entry from today.

Best wishes & safe cycling,
Cape Town Cycle Tour Team
Email us: info@cycletour.co.za
Call us: 087 820 7223

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour, and having participated in 15 - 20 tours, we wish to offer you the unique opportunity to enter and pay for a 2019 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry before we open entries to the general public.

This is a limited offer only available to cyclists who have completed 15 - 20 tours and will only be valid from today, 27 August 2018 until Monday, 3 September 2018 at 4pm. Thereafter, this opportunity will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

OK - I see why you are a bit confused. The bit in red is a bit of an exaggeration  :P

On another point

Really hoping we can avoid most of the "THE RACE IS CERTAIN TO BE CANCELLED" hysteria on the thread this year...

nope. Enter /Pay/ Smile/train

Unless you haven't done enough tours and you have to wait till next week for the inevitable server crash. . . 

Unless you haven't done enough tours and you have to wait till next week for the inevitable server crash. . . 

Or enter and join/renew PPA (membership) at the same time.... :ph34r:

Or enter and join/renew PPA (membership) at the same time.... :ph34r:

Is that allowed? Somehow I remember them not allowing renewals after a certain date to qualify for the early entries?

Very excited. I have just entered in the Tandem category with my grandson. How cool is that?

Also signed up with a tandem, really excited about it, now to do a bit more training on it.  Think I might have ended up with a medium instead of a large.

Is that allowed? Somehow I remember them not allowing renewals after a certain date to qualify for the early entries?

Doubt the PPA would be worried, but I would not be too surprised if there are still entries available later the year, which would be a sad thing for the charities as I think that was some benefit for them previously of last minute participants.  

I renewed while entering. I do meet the 9+ criteria though. No harm in trying it out and seeing if it's a win or not. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

It might be a loophole so Its not like you stealing from little children. Think of it as stress testing the system

Very excited. I have just entered in the Tandem category with my grandson. How cool is that?

That is awesome. Whats the age gap? I race tandem with my toppie but it will still be about 10 years till my oldest lightie can race and then my toppie will be 73.

If I've signed the missus up to the PPA this morning, will I be able to get her a pre-entry to the 2019 CTCT?

I tried a moment ago and couldn't go through as I'm sure it takes a day or 2 to process at PPA.

Should be able to do it in about 30 mins after you signed up - I just did.

To be fair, its not their server, its the banks that cannot keep up with processing the CC transactions.