Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

Non disclosure only applies if you are requested to disclose information and you choose not to. He never was.

And a simple internet search shows that it's a common issue worldwide. After 2 identical breakages, and a large number of related breakages on these frames, they really should have at least warned the OP against sitting on the top tube.

Geez my head hurts from so many face palms

Can I sue canyon?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah? Well I think.... Ummm then surely..... Hmmmm.

I am offended.

Edit: It makes you wonder.

Just got off the phone with Specialized ZA...and....wow, guess what...

"Top-tube riding is deemed inappropriate use, and the top-tube design does not take full rider weight into consideration, and will not be covered under warranty if issues arise. 

If top-tubes were safe for seating, they would be design much thicker and heavier"

"Top-tube riding is deemed inappropriate use, and the top-tube design does not take full rider weight into consideration, and will not be covered under warranty if issues arise. 

If top-tubes were safe for seating, they would be design much thicker and heavier"

We have a trashing Spaz thread here somewhere.  Here we only trash Canyon.  Know the rules man.  :whistling:

R100 says you will get the same response from 

BMC

Merida

Giant

Canondale

*insert andy bike brand here* 

Drops mic ....

Edited by Quagga

So does 1.3.008 ban riding out of the saddle? :devil: :)

Or stretching your quad by putting your foot on the saddle?

Read it again....load bearing*

EDIT: Points of Support. 

it also does not say that you have stay seated.

Here you go again

“The rider shall normally assume a sitting position on the bicycle. This position requires that the only points of support are the following: the feet on the pedals, the hands on the handlebars and the seat on the saddle.”

No other part may be used to support the rider.

Edited by Quagga

I think many of the posts in the last few pages of this thread is missing a big point, and in doing so, perpetuating the misconception of a design flaw: it's not the sitting on the top tube that's the problem. That's static loading.

It's the dynamic condition of a large mass shock loading the top tube that is causing the cracking. This was what the OP described,when riding the top tube over a rough surface.

In my view, the bike has no design flaws. The OP violated the terms of the warrantee, but got away with it twice. He did not deceive Canyon, he was simply lucky they didnt' ask more questions upfront. Zero need to demonize the company or its products by perpetuating nonsense.

Geepers I wish I could SUPER LIKE posts without having to blatantly push up my post count

Yeah bro, but this guy is 1 level below a Pro in South Africa... A batch! How on earth do you expect him to bridge breakaway gaps or solo to victory on all our massive descents?

Edited by Jewbacca

So does 1.3.008 ban riding out of the saddle? :devil: :)

Or stretching your quad by putting your foot on the saddle?

No no pleez do not feed the monkeys  give us any other tricks to try

Soooo I was thinking about top tubes and strength and sitting on them and how much weight they should be designed to take and this mental image popped up.

Would you prop your bike against the wall then climb up and stand on your top tube? How about doing a few little jumps on it to mimic potholes?

Read it again....load bearing*

Searched for "load", couldn't find it in the document.

Doesn't matter, it also says "normally assume", so it says nothing about "occasional assume."

Also doesn't matter because they'll go back the to the French or Swiss document if it comes up for a dispute.

And your quoted document still bans disc brakes, so that one is out of date...

Yeah bro, but this guy is 1 level below a Pro in South Africa... A batch! How on earth do you expect him to bridge breakaway gaps or solo to victory on all our massive descents?

Not sure what you trying to prove by having a dig at me

Searched for "load", couldn't find it in the document.

Doesn't matter, it also says "normally assume", so it says nothing about "occasional assume."

Also doesn't matter because they'll go back the to the French or Swiss document if it comes up for a dispute.

And your quoted document still bans disc brakes, so that one is out of date...

Please find the amendments yourself

And yes I mistyped, they talk about "support"

Edited by Quagga