Road World Champs 2018 Austria

Shebeen

So sad CSA only 'asked' the other elite SA women a month before the event to go to Worlds (self-funded and all admin for them)... a month to prepare for such an event?! 156 km and 2500m of climbing against the Worlds best?!

Ash really deserves the support as she's got a good chance of doing well but she'll now need a lot of luck!

Carla and Jo could have prepared for this properly had they been given a few months notice as they can climb pretty well! Jo knows what it takes to race Worlds (she's done a few and Olympics) and the prep needed for it... not a month and the added admin stress!!

Jo races Joburg Engen every Tuesday and Thursday and has been doing pretty well but 5 hrs is different to 1 hr!

They'd have to do some VA races and not for 100 km!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sad CSA only 'asked' the other elite SA women a month before the event to go to Worlds (self-funded and all admin for them)... a month to prepare for such an event?! 156 km and 2500m of climbing against the Worlds best?!

Ash really deserves the support as she's got a good chance of doing well but she'll now need a lot of luck!

Carla and Jo could have prepared for this properly had they been given a few months notice as they can climb pretty well! Jo knows what it takes to race Worlds (she's done a few and Olympics) and the prep needed for it... not a month and the added admin stress!!

Jo races Joburg Engen every Tuesday and Thursday and has been doing pretty well but 5 hrs is different to 1 hr!

They'd have to do some VA races and not for 100 km!

Hats off to the missus for being able to keep up the hard work over the last few months after your accident. Couldn't have been easy(I'm not saying it's easy in the best circumstances). Wishing her the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on your podium????????????

Pleeeze

Very difficult to choose with this climbers' course

Uran, Alaphillippe, Nibali right up there for me

Thoughts on your podium[emoji1628][emoji1627][emoji1626]

Pleeeze

Very difficult to choose with this climbers' course

Uran, Alaphillippe, Nibali right up there for me

Mmmm. Hard to see past Alaphillippe for this one.

Kwaito may also be right up there.

And for all his efforts at the Vuelta.. GO MAJKA!!

That downhill at the end just suit those too so much.. and Nibbles.. think he was hiding a bit of form during the Vuelta and possibly a lot stronger towards the end of the Vuelta than what he let on.. games..they play games with each other at the Vuelta.

Well, This is sad....

Cannot believe CSA is not helping 1 bit, in no way at all!! World Tour riders buying their own kit, paying their own way and now for the vehicles and staff too??

No Impey, Smit, Dlamini(All World Tour riders) and CSA are solely to blame for this!! There is no doubting where the problem lies!!

CSA you are KILLING cyclists in SA!!

But I guarantee that if a SA cyclist had to podium at worlds, CSA will take credit!!

F$%KING CSA!!!

They have years to plan for this, so can work on sponsorship, so that we can give our cyclist an opportunity to experience.  Whilst it might not cover all, at least cove ancillary staff, cars and maybe have funds to assist the cyclists.

USELESS.... why am I not surprised !!

Did CSA select a member to represent the federation ?

Who decides on who should enter the world championships?

F$%KING CSA!!!

They have years to plan for this, so can work on sponsorship, so that we can give our cyclist an opportunity to experience. Whilst it might not cover all, at least cove ancillary staff, cars and maybe have funds to assist the cyclists.

USELESS.... why am I not surprised !!

They are a joke.. but those in charge are clinging on and will not step away.[emoji35]

Mmmm. Hard to see past Alaphillippe for this one.

Kwaito may also be right up there.

And for all his efforts at the Vuelta.. GO MAJKA!!

That downhill at the end just suit those too so much.. and Nibbles.. think he was hiding a bit of form during the Vuelta and possibly a lot stronger towards the end of the Vuelta than what he let on.. games..they play games with each other at the Vuelta.

Alaphillipe is definitely showing he has the form right now..BUT with that climb at the end I would be surprised if the pure climber allow him to stay with them..its crazy steep and long enough to make a difference.He can climb but he can't match the small guys if they are there and strong at the end.

What is Bardett up to? I would think that climb would suit him perfectly and he loves to go fast downhill...

The Colombians will also be hard to beat and then Yates has the legs now and he loves those crazy gradients.

LL Sanchez also goes downhills pretty fast!!

Well, This is sad....

Cannot believe CSA is not helping 1 bit, in no way at all!! World Tour riders buying their own kit, paying their own way and now for the vehicles and staff too??

No Impey, Smit, Dlamini(All World Tour riders) and CSA are solely to blame for this!! There is no doubting where the problem lies!!

CSA you are KILLING cyclists in SA!!

But I guarantee that if a SA cyclist had to podium at worlds, CSA will take credit!!

CSA are unbelievable, yet still so predictable.

Columbia has a super strong team…. Even in the absence of Bernal (injured)and Chaves(sick) they have so much depth that it is scary… they must however find the right strategy...perhaps they should build it around Superman Lopez. 

CSA are unbelievable, yet still so predictable.

Yup predictable but confirms what i would do. I would go but get my own sponsors and sell the space on my national kit to the sponsors to place their logos and use a buddy to at least give me a bottle when i ask for it.

probably still not easy to do or get the sponsors but would be worth the F***U to CSA, Government and all the dignitaries that get their spots paid for.

Yup predictable but confirms what i would do. I would go but get my own sponsors and sell the space on my national kit to the sponsors to place their logos and use a buddy to at least give me a bottle when i ask for it.

probably still not easy to do or get the sponsors but would be worth the F***U to CSA, Government and all the dignitaries that get their spots paid for.

So basically what Alan Hatherly and Team Spur did to secure the U23 XCO rainbow jersey?

Archived