[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've entered for any road race, well can you imagine my surprise when all I got for my money so far is an envelope with a race number , two photo number stickers and four safety pins......what no goody bag ?

Sure I get that stuff costs , but then why not have two price categories. One with goodies and one without. Truley we could just print the number at home instead of driving to a bicycle shop to collect the thing ?

Hi all, It's been a while since I've entered for any road race, well can you imagine my surprise when all I got for my money so far is an envelope with a race number , two photo number stickers and four safety pins......what no goody bag ? Sure I get that stuff costs , but then why not have two price categories. One with goodies and one without. Truley we could just print the number at home instead of driving to a bicycle shop to collect the thing ?

Been discussed to ends length before...what do you expect when paying R330 for a full road closure event? Most organisers pay something towards the goodie bags be it water bottles or samples so that would equal a higher entry fee...I know what i would go for. Do not expect a medal as well you might be disappointed 

Edited by Sharkie 2

A 6 week Family crisis coming to a climax and myself getting flu this week means that I will be missing this event for the first time since it started ;)

I will however try to find a cow bell before Sunday and I will wait for you guys on Tom Jenkins and will spur you on at that steepest part.

Enjoy it!

A 6 week Family crisis coming to a climax and myself getting flu this week means that I will be missing this event for the first time since it started ;)

I will however try to find a cow bell before Sunday and I will wait for you guys on Tom Jenkins and will spur you on at that steepest part.

Enjoy it!

Thanks, but me thinks it’s going to take more than cow bell???? Edited by Blue Monster

Hi all, It's been a while since I've entered for any road race, well can you imagine my surprise when all I got for my money so far is an envelope with a race number , two photo number stickers and four safety pins......what no goody bag ? Sure I get that stuff costs , but then why not have two price categories. One with goodies and one without. Truley we could just print the number at home instead of driving to a bicycle shop to collect the thing ?

I don't care about goody bags. A lot of it just ends up in the bin. Such a waist.

What I do care about is: a safe pot hole free route (bonus for road closure).

Not Amashova winds but 15 to 20km/h crosswinds on the highway coming back from Pelindaba is gonna be a hard day out for everyone involved.

Better get you crew together for those rolling echelons if you want to have any chance of surviving such a day.

post-27827-0-50727800-1541266546_thumb.jpeg