[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Whether I agree or not, an apology is the right thing to do.

Point taken. So, @Tshwane Cycle organisers, seeing that you are already lurking on this forum, why don't you provide the real number of entrants as opposed to the "Utopia-what-we're0hoping-for" numbers you have been distributing?

Point taken. So, @Tshwane Cycle organisers, seeing that you are already lurking on this forum, why don't you provide the real number of entrants as opposed to the "Utopia-what-we're0hoping-for" numbers you have been distributing?

I would also like to know.

The R330 entry fee had me second guessing the whole time, but the disparity on entry numbers decided it. Whether sharing the numbers was wrong or not, unethical/deceitful advertising is worse.

I would also like to know.

The R330 entry fee had me second guessing the whole time, but the disparity on entry numbers decided it. Whether sharing the numbers was wrong or not, unethical/deceitful advertising is worse.

Allot of value for consumers are tied into the relationship and trust with the "seller". It is typically best to keep customer relationships in tip top shape or people will quickly turn away and no longer see value in an offering, even though nothing even changed in the actual product.

Having only one year under the belt, the Tshwane Classic organisers don't have allot of goodwill to fall back upon. Whereas frequenters of CTCT, Amashova or 947 will have more tolerance for things that don't add up.

It surely is a challenge to start up a successful mega event.

Why is everyone so hooked on how many participates?  

Strange animals indeed.

:eek:

It's an awesome event.  Much prettier than 94.

Tough couple of climbs.  Tom Jenkins is one of the best climbs Pretoria has to offer.  Cycling heaven.

Good venue.  Voortrekker monument.

Entry fee is reasonable.

ASG has been sucking up entry numbers for years now.  Only now you guys realize it?   :clap:  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :D  :lol:

I have to agree. How many other people ride a race is irrelevant to me. I want an enjoyable safe route. Bonus points for road closers.

Keep the cars away from me and you have my attention.

Emperors and Sattelite didn't do it, thus I no longer even bother looking at them as options.

Why is everyone so hooked on how many participates?  

Strange animals indeed.

:eek:

It's an awesome event.  Much prettier than 94.

Tough couple of climbs.  Tom Jenkins is one of the best climbs Pretoria has to offer.  Cycling heaven.

Good venue.  Voortrekker monument.

Entry fee is reasonable.

ASG has been sucking up entry numbers for years now.  Only now you guys realize it?   :clap:  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :D  :lol:

I was LITERALLY about to comment the same.

Vir varksteaks, we have a (really well organized) "new" full road closure event through our very own pretty Purple Trees just in time to warm the legs up for 94.7 and people whine on about questionable participant numbers and assumed dubious advertising.

Instead of this entitlement boolsheeeeet, why not thank ASG for making this possible and bringing a super and affordable event right to our doorsteps?

Strange animals indeed...

(Edit - inserted "and affordable"...which it is!)

Edited by Karooryder

Vir varksteaks, we have a (really well organized) "new" full road closure event through our very own pretty Purple Trees just in time to warm the legs up for 94.7 and people whine on about questionable participant numbers and assumed dubious advertising.

Instead of this entitlement boolsheeeeet, why not thank ASG for making this possible and bringing a super event right to our doorsteps?

Not an ASG event ????

People complaining about entry numbers and people complaining about the people complaining about the entry numbers. 
What a fun thread this turned out to be.  :thumbup:

Not an ASG event ????

It is my understanding it is......well.....same people just moving under a different "brand" or promoter name.

Whatever.

Doesn't really matter.

What does is, it is not ASG pricing this year.

Instead of this entitlement boolsheeeeet, why not thank ASG for making this possible and bringing a super event right to our doorsteps?

I am one of the first to bash ASG and in the thread for last years race I was one of the first to comment how well the race went off. Yes they had teething problems but all in all it was a good one. I really enjoyed the route, flat and fast till the climb in the poort followed by that jenkins climb followed by some awesome high speed corners under the jacarandas towards the monument and then the brutal short and sweet climb into the monument. So tbh I don't care how many do it, its a great race.

It is my understanding it is......well.....same people just moving under a different "brand" or promoter name.

Whatever.

Doesn't really matter.

What does is, it is not ASG pricing this year.

^this