Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

Too much pain for Mike must be serious pain.

That doesn't sound like Mike - wonder what's up.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't sound like Mike - wonder what's up.

We'll hear about it in due course I'm sure.

He got a lift arranged and I'm guessing he went to the finish.

It's nice to see the support for him here, as he really has been extensively open on how to prepare for this sort of event. I can imagine his blog posts have got a lot of riders further than they would have on their own.

Viva nutty prof, viva

Wet weather arriving late sunday night early monday morning. Those back guys are going to be in for a tough finish. And lonely finish. Not alot of supporters will be out in the rain. But then again the lack of fanfare at the finish is part of this ride and it is great.

Wet weather arriving late sunday night early monday morning. Those back guys are going to be in for a tough finish. And lonely finish. Not alot of supporters will be out in the rain. But then again the lack of fanfare at the finish is part of this ride and it is great.

Yeah, I agree that the lack of pomp and seromony is part of the lure. But then again, the sponsors would want some sort of exposure?

Even then just utilize social media more effectively with live feeds if the RD doesn't want too many people at the finish

The Sutherland hotel is going to be full today.Most of the midfield will be there.

The right move is to get going today before 3 as you want to get down the waapad drop In the light.

But the wind up that little pass just out of Sutherland is crazy crazy strong,,,,,vasbyt almal.

Just had a look at the results...

It appears Kevin Benkenstein beat Fanie Venter into 3rd by 1min! After 1000km...that's a crazy way to end it.

Anyone know if it was basically a sprint at the finish?

Generally the only supporters will be family or friends of the riders

Supporters in number are directly proportionate to the number of local entrants

Look at any finish of an event and when the front runners come in its deserted.Here in SA no one is really interested in the winners

Couldn't watch any more dots so drove through to Doolhof to welcome Heinrich home yesterday.

What an amazing effort from him on the ride and Alex and team on the event.

Well done and thanks for putting CALCULUS on the map!

@Heinrichvisser crosses the line in 2nd in 54hrs and 15 mins.329f420e77459363c7e79515566101fc.jpg16abd640d0c1890fb1eb7b2848d18af1.jpgb54d244976644987fc6b7e328ec1ddd2.jpg19bb1fd1859a20f7207e7588e2ca10a7.jpg

Edited by Calculus Bikes

So can anyone post the top 5 please? The dots went a bit bos last evening and I missed the order of three to five.