The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Sorry this may have come up on this thread already, watched "game changers" on Netflix, was impressed enough to give veganism a go, since 20 Dec still havent eaten any animal flesh.

Still doing some dairy. ( bit of cheese as well as milk in coffee)

Feeling great, lost some weight So far so good.

P.s. Helps that my wife is doing the same and is ridiculously good with vegan recipe cooking, there is nothing that woman cannot do with a chickpea.

Even had a vegan burger from steers the other day. Wasnt bad.

How are you coping with the relentless and massive boners?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the weekend I went for a ride, stopped at the coffee shop in Richmond Park. Thought I’d treat myself to a sausage roll, it was a good ride and it wasn’t a meat free day..... after a two bites I couldn’t anymore, it was disgusting and threw it away. Though maybe I’m getting over this meat thing [emoji1320]

Popped past there again today and took a closer look at the little sign..... they are vegan sausage rolls.

Whoa! That was a close call. Nearly thought we had lost you forever.

Just note that there was exceptionally bad "science" in this piece. The move to more plant based food sources is great, don't get me wrong. But the film itself is riddled with false conjecture, cherry picked "fact" and loads of skewed opinion.

Not sure if this has been posted but interesting discussion with Joe Rogan and Chris kresser on this for those who are interested and have the time, its looong format.  Serving suggestion - download as a podcast and listen later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4Apc2Xk7Q

Not sure if this has been posted but interesting discussion with Joe Rogan and Chris kresser on this for those who are interested and have the time, its looong format. Serving suggestion - download as a podcast and listen later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4Apc2Xk7Q

I've heard this one before and they said that you'll feel good in the short run but that it will gradually decrease within 3,6,9 months or even 2 years. That's total crap, if your not going to eat right you'll experience a deficiency within 2 weeks, not months.

They also said that everyone is going to supplement once they go vegan and that all those supplements is bad for the environment. Possibly the only supplement production that's bad for the environment is omega 3 and algea farming. There's a lot of NON vegans who still supplement and I speak for all vegans when I say that we don't pop pills like drug adics, I take 3 ciplatron and 2 magnesium pills a week and thats it. I have a friend who's not even a vegan who drinks 5 pills every morning..

The skinny guy said that not all plant protein has enough amino acids or all of them in one type of plant(I agree) but then saying that meat protein is a higher quality protein then completely ignores the scientific proof that it absorbs and processes hard thus not gaining the actual amount of protein.

Looks to me like they are also cherry???? picking. Also completely ignoring the fact that animals eat half of all the crops that is produced.

I've heard this one before and they said that you'll feel good in the short run but that it will gradually decrease within 3,6,9 months or even 2 years. That's total crap, if your not going to eat right you'll experience a deficiency within 2 weeks, not months.

They also said that everyone is going to supplement once they go vegan and that all those supplements is bad for the environment. Possibly the only supplement production that's bad for the environment is omega 3 and algea farming. There's a lot of NON vegans who still supplement and I speak for all vegans when I say that we don't pop pills like drug adics, I take 3 ciplatron and 2 magnesium pills a week and thats it. I have a friend who's not even a vegan who drinks 5 pills every morning..

The skinny guy said that not all plant protein has enough amino acids or all of them in one type of plant(I agree) but then saying that meat protein is a higher quality protein then completely ignores the scientific proof that it absorbs and processes hard thus not gaining the actual amount of protein.

Looks to me like they are also cherry picking. Also completely ignoring the fact that animals eat half of all the crops that is produced.

Dude ... I eat meat and don't take any pills.

Dude ... I eat meat and don't take any pills.

I know theres a lot of people who eats meat that don't take pills. But my point is just supplementation isn't just a vegan thing.

I know theres a lot of people who eats meat that don't take pills. But my point is just supplementation isn't just a vegan thing.

Yes, we remember Odi making this exact same argument ;)

Can any of you guys might recommend what sufferfest workouts is best suited for track and xco cycling? Or even have some tips on how to train like an xco athlete.

Can someone please post some pics of Lady Pro's, and make some distasteful comments about them. Perhaps this fred will also evaporate?

any formal response as to what and why the thread was nuked?