The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got invited to breakfast by a friend of mine.Hadn’t seen them in years and was excited until I realized it was a vegan restaurant [emoji85]

Only thing I found on the menu was flapjacks.They were really good though[emoji3]

I ain’t going vegetarian or vegan anytime soon[emoji271]

2c62cf618ed26d58481d1c9706bdc81b.jpeg

Dude ... I eat meat and don't take any pills.

Agreed. Anyone who eats s balanced diet doesn't need any pills. As Harry Seftel said " all vitamin tablets do is give you expensive pee..."

Come on folks, rather than vegan bash with flippant remarks look to learn something from this thread. If you don’t like what you are reading, then make a choice to avoid the thread.

Not cool to make belittling remarks and make fun of people just because you don’t agree.

Some of us take this thread seriously.

Be cool okes.

Come on folks, rather than vegan bash with flippant remarks look to learn something from this thread. If you don’t like what you are reading, then make a choice to avoid the thread.

Not cool to make belittling remarks and make fun of people just because you don’t agree.

Some of us take this thread seriously.

Be cool okes.

You are right, and this thread has lead me to earless meat, a lot less. Full veggie is on the horizon.

But if you cannot see the dual account trolling happening here then what’s the point?

You are right, and this thread has lead me to earless meat, a lot less. Full veggie is on the horizon.

But if you cannot see the dual account trolling happening here then what’s the point?

yep agreed. But dual accounts are a bannable offence and moderators should look into that.

The actions of one, do not condone the actions of the others.

Share ideas. Debate the science. Play the ball not the man. But actively suggesting the thread gets deleted because you like meat is silly.

Edit. Last two paragraphs not directed at you personally Patch just in general.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

Even without ears Patch, it's still meat :-D

In the spirit of saving the whole cow however - I'm eating a lot more lentils. and 2 particular dishes have been stand out good..

lemon lentils - 

baby spinach, tin lentils, zest of a small lemon (finely cut), teaspoon of soy sauce.

In a pan - Wilt spinach (low temperature with a little oil and a splash of water), add lemon zest, drain lentils and add to pan. season with soy. Was really tasty with the lemony bits added, works well as an accompaniment on the plate.

red curry lentils - 

red curry paste

tin of coconut milk or cream

slice of galangal or ginger

bay leaf or lime leaf

dried

diced butternut

tin of lentils

fry 2 tablespoons of red curry paste in a little coconut cream or coconut milk. add in a slice of galangal or ginger and a bay leaf or a thai lime leaf, a dried chilli too if you want to heat it up. add diced butternut and the rest of the coconut cream until the butternut is cooked through (add a little water from the lentils if required). Drain lentils, add to pot and heat through. serve with rice.

(not quite vegan because there is fish sauce in the red curry paste - I've never seen that offered in a vegan variety, but pretty close)

Eat first, we can fight later if you're still in the mood.

What has really helped us eat less meat is Gousto meals. They have some incredible meat free recipes, and cost effective too.

We spend about £35 a week on 4 dinners for my wife and myself.

Even without ears Patch, it's still meat :-D

In the spirit of saving the whole cow however - I'm eating a lot more lentils. and 2 particular dishes have been stand out good..

lemon lentils -

baby spinach, tin lentils, zest of a small lemon (finely cut), teaspoon of soy sauce.

In a pan - Wilt spinach (low temperature with a little oil and a splash of water), add lemon zest, drain lentils and add to pan. season with soy. Was really tasty with the lemony bits added, works well as an accompaniment on the plate.

red curry lentils -

red curry paste

tin of coconut milk or cream

slice of galangal or ginger

bay leaf or lime leaf

dried

diced butternut

tin of lentils

fry 2 tablespoons of red curry paste in a little coconut cream or coconut milk. add in a slice of galangal or ginger and a bay leaf or a thai lime leaf, a dried chilli too if you want to heat it up. add diced butternut and the rest of the coconut cream until the butternut is cooked through (add a little water from the lentils if required). Drain lentils, add to pot and heat through. serve with rice.

(not quite vegan because there is fish sauce in the red curry paste - I've never seen that offered in a vegan variety, but pretty close)

Eat first, we can fight later if you're still in the mood.

Try see if you can find this brand.

https://www.thecrueltyfreeshop.co.nz/vegan-curry-paste