Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

As mentioned by others, you have a whole group of people here, willing to assist in any way we can, so feel free to reach out. Perhaps it could also help to speak to a professional - there's no reason you should suffer alone when there are people who can help.

Regarding the trainer - I'm more than happy to chat to you if you'd like to get you up and running... heck I think we're even friends on Zwift 😎

Thank you. 
Struggling a bit getting Zwift working, but I think I might know who you are. Thanks for being available to help. 

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I'm very close by Reinet, I'm in Garsfontein and will gladly help you out to get back on the bike / trainer, just shout 👍

Thank you so much. Means a lot to me. Will give a shout once everything is better. 
I have flat tyres on the bike. So first need to sort that out before anything else. 

4 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Thank you so much. Means a lot to me. Will give a shout once everything is better. 
I have flat tyres on the bike. So first need to sort that out before anything else. 

Yes, I will collect your bike, service it and add a new wheel for the trainer as well. That is if everything will fit 😁. François' cousin (Tinus) helped me out many times in the past. I will be honored to return the favor. 

5 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Yes, I will collect your bike, service it and add a new wheel for the trainer as well. That is if everything will fit 😁. François' cousin (Tinus) helped me out many times in the past. I will be honored to return the favor. 

I’m speechless. Thank you so much. 

On 4/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Cois said:

I could only do 5km tonight. Started feeling very nauseous and dizzy. Guess my body will take some time to get with the program.

38b5688d440cc27b5fe7fbd8c07793dc.jpg

d1f760dced98bd5a93a2a34d09153060.jpg

Thank you to every one for the support over the past two years. Some days have been bloody bad, but I have a mission and I can’t let everyone on Bikehub down! I have to win this!

This is how I will remember Cois- the definition of determination and courage!

4 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I noticed last night that "Final Space" has the latest season on Netflix .... that is a series he got me hooked on, even as an animation it shows so many sides of humanity and it somehow really touches my soul, so thanks @Cois

7 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I remember that evening so clear. He was pushing through and wow. I am so proud how he always tried going a bit further, climbing a bigger uphill etc. And he asked me to please take a picture because he would love to share the experience with others of him on a trainer, because he couldn’t do it at Cowhouse or any other place anymore. Proud of him always. 

My Father-in-Law runs the MTB trails at Cowhouse.  When you are ready to get off the Trainer and back onto the trails drop me a PM and I will arrange a pass for you.  Seems like Cowhouse had special memories for you both so would be brilliant for you to be able to get back there sometime.

53 minutes ago, Andymann said:

My Father-in-Law runs the MTB trails at Cowhouse.  When you are ready to get off the Trainer and back onto the trails drop me a PM and I will arrange a pass for you.  Seems like Cowhouse had special memories for you both so would be brilliant for you to be able to get back there sometime.

@*Reinet* Marais dit is n besondere offer 👍

3 hours ago, Andymann said:

Wow 😢

Thank you so, so much. We have made some special memories at Cowhouse. I really appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 8:00 AM, ouzo said:

Incidentally my elderly neighbour has also been going through chemo and radiation and what not over the last few years. 2 days ago I learnt that he had decided to stop with chemo and let nature takes its course. This was apparently in January already, but since stopping chemo he has put some weight back on, is not retaining water, can keep meals down and is feeling better over all. Obviously the disease is silently doing its thing inside him, but he feels that he would rather live fewer days comfortably than more days but being sick and weak.

This entire thread should never be left to disappear. 

@*Reinet* Marais I pray that you are progressing through this time, please remember if you ever need anything that there is an entire community here that will do what they can to help.

The quoted part above I posted in July, my neighbour lost his battle 2 days ago. He was basically bed ridden for the last few months, at least he made it through one last christmas with his grandchildren.