Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

12 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Contribution made towards the Vetseun Munga challenge for Cois.

Vetseun, jammer, maar jou Britstown cucumber sandwiches is oor betaal aan Cois.

All the Best to Cois and Vetseun.

As much as Vettie loves his sarmies... I can assure you he will be elated with this.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cois, 

your story made me bite the bullet and go for proper checkup 2 days ago after again seeing touch of blood..  ended in hospital today getting piles removed, was lucky, could have been worst.  

guys, make sure to just go for checkup, ja, its a PIA but cancer is worst . A colonoscopy can pick up issues very early (years) before things turn bad.

KdL

Edited by Karman de Lange

Hi all - François’s wife here. 
François asked to give you guys an update as he is struggling typing at the moment. He is weak and trying to stay strong, but it is difficult at the moment. The Hospice can’t accommodate him at the moment. There has been a Covid outbreak at the hospice and we can’t take any chances. So we have to wait it out and see what’s happening. He is still at hospital, receiving IV feeding and doing the best he can, but he is very tired. We appreciate all the help and prayers. It means so much to both of us. 

28 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

François asked to give you guys an update as he is struggling typing at the moment. He is weak and trying to stay strong, but it is difficult at the moment. The Hospice can’t accommodate him at the moment. There has been a Covid outbreak at the hospice and we can’t take any chances. So we have to wait it out and see what’s happening. He is still at hospital, receiving IV feeding and doing the best he can, but he is very tired. We appreciate all the help and prayers. It means so much to both of us. 

Baie sterkte Reinet! ????????

1 hour ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Reinet, ek bid dat julle vrede in hierdie ontsaglike moeilike tyd sal beleef. Geen een van ons kan werklik besef waardeur julle gaan nie, en ons kan maar net bly hoop en vertrou op die leiding van die HERE vir julle. Ek bid dat julle vandag nuwe krag sal kry om die seer en die pyn te mag verduur. Om op vlerke van genade te mag sweef en môre weer te kan glimlag. Bowenal bid ek vir bonatuurlike vrede, soos net Christus kan gee, sodat jy en Francois staande kan bly in hierdie stryd.

Ons ken dit nie, maar HY ken julle pyn. HY was reeds daardeur. 

22 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Reinet, ek bid dat julle vrede in hierdie ontsaglike moeilike tyd sal beleef. Geen een van ons kan werklik besef waardeur julle gaan nie, en ons kan maar net bly hoop en vertrou op die leiding van die HERE vir julle. Ek bid dat julle vandag nuwe krag sal kry om die seer en die pyn te mag verduur. Om op vlerke van genade te mag sweef en môre weer te kan glimlag. Bowenal bid ek vir bonatuurlike vrede, soos net Christus kan gee, sodat jy en Francois staande kan bly in hierdie stryd.

Ons ken dit nie, maar HY ken julle pyn. HY was reeds daardeur. 

Baie, baie dankie xx

16 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Hi Reinet,

Most of us don't actually know francois in real life but over the last few years he's taken on us one heck of a journey with his candid, brave and often humorous posts about his struggles. Through all of the ups and downs, one constant is how often he keeps mentioning how lucky he is to have you. Just thought I'd mention it because I suspect you have no idea how often your name comes up! You guys are lucky to have each other. Send him our regards.

6 hours ago, NickGM said:

Hi Reinet,

Most of us don't actually know francois in real life but over the last few years he's taken on us one heck of a journey with his candid, brave and often humorous posts about his struggles. Through all of the ups and downs, one constant is how often he keeps mentioning how lucky he is to have you. Just thought I'd mention it because I suspect you have no idea how often your name comes up! You guys are lucky to have each other. Send him our regards.

Post of the day. Can not agree more !

23 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

thinking of you all at this time...

8 hours ago, NickGM said:

Hi Reinet,

Thank you so much for this message xx

I've watched this journey from a distance for a long time. I said to my wife recently that Francois is one of the most courageous people I have ever come across. What has struck me most is that throughout this entire journey, I have never once heard a note of self-pity from him. It's truly remarkable.