Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@*Reinet* Maraismay God grant you guys the strength to walk this road. Please pass on our best wishes and prayers to Francois, he's never far from my thoughts despite me never actually meeting him.

Some of us have followed his journey from afar and if ever there was a bravery award to hand out, it would go to this man. He's courageousness has inspired many of us and by sharing his battle I'm sure he has saved lives as he's made us realize just how important early medical checkups are.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, NickGM said:

Hi Reinet,

Most of us don't actually know francois in real life but over the last few years he's taken on us one heck of a journey with his candid, brave and often humorous posts about his struggles. Through all of the ups and downs, one constant is how often he keeps mentioning how lucky he is to have you. Just thought I'd mention it because I suspect you have no idea how often your name comes up! You guys are lucky to have each other. Send him our regards.

THIS 100%. 

@*Reinet* Marais

101 pages of support here. for an online community we often have our differences of opinion, but Cois has really brought a lot of people together.

6 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

Jis Reinet. So jammer😢

Francois los verseker n groot leemte. Ons almal is slegs n geleende tyd in hierdie wereld en Francois het verseker n impak gemaak in baie se lewens. 

Ek bid vir vertroosting vir jou en mag Francois se geveg en gesindheid op die aarde vele harte nader aan die Here bring.

Baie sterkte in die moeilike tyd🙏🏻

Reinet Sorry for your loss, many of his comments about fighting were till the end about fighting for you Reinet , I never met Francois like many Hubbers but I can guarantee you everyone  here spoke between ourselves about what an absolute Inspiration he was.  Many conversations I’ve had with Hubbers outside of this forum were about Francois and his FIGHT and how positive, open and frankly he spoke on out his journey, a true hero and husband and friend has been lost, Sterkte 

43 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

Ai Reinet, the message we all dreaded for some time now. Flippin tears in my eyes.

So 'n hartseer einde tot 'n ongelooflike inspirerende reis. Min van ons het vir Francois persoonlik geken maar hy het elkeen van ons se harte aangeraak en vanoggend is ons almal 'n vriend en 'n held-in-eie reg armer. Jy is in ons gebede en gedagtes en Francois sal in ons herinneringe bly. 

Baie baie sterkte en totsiens goeie Cois, ek weet sonder twyfel dat jy vanoggend in 'n beter plek afpak en rus.