The bloke in the white BMW

MudLark

A brief note to the black gentleman in the white BMW who was driving along Grayston Drive at 7:30 AM this morning:

It wasn't cool.

I know that I was somewhat towards the center of the lane that you were coming up behind me in but I was moving fast on a road bike and trying to avoid the bumps and holes in the road on the left which had the potential to make me fall.

It wasn't cool to drive up alongside me, hoot and then proceed to cut me off, forcing me to the left. If you had just given me another 3 seconds or so I would cleared the area and got out of your way. But apparently 3 seconds is  very long time in your life. I guess you must be a very important person to be in such a hurry at 7:30 am on a Sunday. 

It's unlikely you'll ever see this. But in the event that you do, please give cyclists at least some consideration. 

Edited by MudLark

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://m.fin24.com/Tech/News/warning-whatsapp-group-admins-could-face-jail-time-20170623

...right now im recoving from my ride in the South Easter this morning..????

Talk about being cut off.!

Quite a few riders got "cut off" by the south easter this morning ... it was brutal in areas.

Sorry to hear about your incident OP.

Unfortunately there's little consideration on the roads and everybody's entitlement is generally greater than the next person's.

Why?

You just cannot be too careful of what info you post in a public these days. Not trying to be PC or a snowflake, you just see these non issues being turned into issues these days. As a rule I just stay away from mentioning any personaly identifying details like license plate numbers on a public forum.

Use it, don't use it...

I would refer to “a driver in a white BMW” and not mention the colour of skin... as Grease Monkey has said, small things can turn into something bigger - better just to mention “a driver”.

Totally agree. Besides for the fact that this could escalate into yet another race debate, the color of the driver's skin is totally irrelevant to the incident and the post.

The fact that he drives a BMW...now that's a different story altogether... :P  :whistling: 

True bt I have noticed that's another thing tredding the racist card that always seems to rear its ugly head. Point of mater is we need to xspose these reckless driver. Y CANT WE ALL JUST USE ROAD PEACFULLY.

Edited by Trek man

I feel you pain Mudlark I really do but I've given up. I've slowly realised that there are just some VERY (very must be multiplied by Eleventy hundred and seventy four thousand one million and two times) stupid people out there. I'm not sure if they are ignorant or just do not know about anyone else but themselves and it used to p*ss me right off but that just causes unnecessary stress. I know it's hard to do and in the heat of the moment you want to raise your hands and shout to the driver "You musn't Push" but I just try and shake my head and hopefully they see this. 

Last week on my commute run home an aunty (it looked like she didn't spend much time in the sun, driving a very nice car with a few rings on it and driving out of a nice suburb in the city) didn't look for pedestrians so she went for the gap, I saw what was going to happen and I managed to stop. She threw her hands up at me and I was confused cause I should have been upset anyhoo I gave her my best confused look and proceeded to cross the rd, she then rolled down her window and said sorry .... my reponse to her was thank you and I then continued my run before it affected my KM pace. I looked back after a few steps and she was just sitting there looking at me. 

So chin up fella, we're always going to get some dumbasses on the rd. And when you think those dumbasses will learn we'll get some fresh dumbasses on the road who also start to hate cyclists.  

True bt I have noticed that's another thing tredding the racist card that always seems to rear its ugly head. Point of mater is we need to xspose these reckless driver. Y CANT WE ALL JUST USE ROAD PEACFULLY.

Yeah man, along with world peace, no more hunger and education for all. 

Don't worry it's on the "Things do to to make the world a better place" list. 

But for now just keep your head up, listen to whats around you when you ride and think for the next dumbass in his or her car. 

Calling out skin colour is just as factual as calling out the car model and car colour. No harmful intent was applied to the driver and his ethnicity, so nothing wrong with mentioning it as an added fact, in my opinion. I've had an identical experience with a white male in a white bmw and if I posted the exact same as op did but mentioned the driver was white, this thread would have less half of the posts.
No harm done and no sucking up to pc emotions, great stuff. Hopefully the driver or a friend reads this and take their questionable actions to mind.

Edited by Dirkitech