Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

serial cheats. I think they were addicted to the thrill of lying their way through life. At least they found each other. Not easy to find your ®soul mate

fixed it for ya

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jago and Ronel Liss. Special. Opened up a whole can of worms including cheating in running races and lying about qualifications to get into Masters studies... 

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/cycling-cheats-fail-to-impress-85663

and dragged maties cycling into the mud with them.

they rocked up after the race to one of our training rides...were told politely to f#$^^ off

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/liss-may-sue-cycle-tours-organisers-92691

There was a particular oke named Michael. Last year, my dad an I were far left struggling up Chappies and this guy, twice, came past on the left and shouted at us to keep left.

The fact that it happened more than once means Michael must have stopped somewhere.

Guess who I pass this year going up Chappies. Our friend Michael doing what he does best, riding on the left of the road shouting at people to keep left.

On the other wannabe's, I'm usually pretty much in the middle of the field so come across fools all the time, when I get to an incline I'm very aware that there will inevitably be someone stopping in the middle of the road, or swerving across my path, so I pick a line and anticipate.

This year I had my chain come off twice, probably my fault for not giving the bike a proper once over before the event. The first time was on main road into the wind, as I was on the edge of the bunch I just pealed off out of everyones way and got the chain back on somehow rejoining the bunch exactly where I left it.

Second time was as the road starts to go up before Smits, chain dropped off the chainring as I shifted to the lower chainring, again, experience taught me to safely peel off to the side and get the chain back on out of everyones way.

Its considered group ride etiquette to indicate that you have take your bottle out. This lets other riders behind you know just to keep an extra eye out incase a bottle gets dropped.

Many many a clavicle has been broken due to a dropped bottle.

That's interesting and sound reasoning behind it. You just taught me something I didn't know :)

Have you watched any on board videos of the pro peleton?

Fair share of shouting/swearing/pushing/elbows involved.

Honestly bud you are coming across as a bit of a deek

Yes but no hold your line. If someone drifts in front of me and I have nowhere to go I jut put a soft hand on his hip and help him/her them make space for me. If they are next to me a soft nudge with the elbow does the same thing.

Quietly and gently.

But I am a Deek, that used to be my handle till the profanity police in the hub software caused issues.

I love the dudes on their fancy superlight bikes with a 53/39 sukkeling up suikerbossie.

If you're going single digit speeds at 40rpm, it's time to swallow pride and get a compact crank okes

Fun fact - did you know that the Garmin cadence sensor stops working at 21 rpm. 

So those guys powering along at 40 rpm still have a bit to play with.

But you're right. 53/39 is ridiculous. I say ditch the 39, and make sure you've got an 11-23 on the back. That's plenty of gears for the Argus ;)

Fun fact - did you know that the Garmin cadence sensor stops working at 21 rpm. 

So those guys powering along at 40 rpm still have a bit to play with.

But you're right. 53/39 is ridiculous. I say ditch the 39, and make sure you've got an 11-23 on the back. That's plenty of gears for the Argus ;)

WHAT???

My 56x26 was just fine last year on the flying condom. Put a 32 on this year, and went slower up Suikerbossie.  #stallspeed

WHAT???

My 56x26 was just fine last year on the flying condom. Put a 32 on this year, and went slower up Suikerbossie.  #stallspeed

On that note... Suikerbossie is so feared, and yet, it is not actually that hard (for the non-rubbish end of the field) in the grand scheme of things. I think its legend stems from the good ol' days, when we rode six-speed freewheels, 13-19 (21 if you were soft) and a 42/52 up front. It was bloody horrid. Obviously. 

On that note... Suikerbossie is so feared, and yet, it is not actually that hard (for the non-rubbish end of the field) in the grand scheme of things. I think its legend stems from the good ol' days, when we rode six-speed freewheels, 13-19 (21 if you were soft) and a 42/52 up front. It was bloody horrid. Obviously. 

There were times on Sunday when I was looking down at my gearing and wishing I had something bigger than a 53 on the front (probably when we were flying through Misty Cliffs at 80km/h and I had completely spun out).

Hmm - time to check the Campag parts book to see if they have a 56 ;)

Suikerbossie is only k@k because it is straight and wide - that feeling of going nowhere. But still big blade material.

I must say that I got mocked for putting a slightly wider range than usual cassette on my bike (11-34, instead of 11-28), which already had a compact chainring setup. But I knew when I hit Suikerbossie that I had made the right decision. And yes, I'm not in the $ group or anything even remotely close to it. But on the other hand, I haven't yet found a hill I can't ride up. :-)

BS there is no such group etiquette. Are you trying to write it into the "unwritten rules"?

Dunno about etiquette, but have seen many do it especially in the fun categories.... me I’d rather focus on keeping my line while removing an putting my bottle back, compared to gestulating....

After all is said and done life is simple.

Unless I switch you (sudden drastic change of direction right in front of you) get a life:

1. You are behind me and no shouting of hold your line will have any effect on me. For all I know you are shouting at someone else.My line is my line, you need to anticipate what I am going to do. 

2. You are behind me and I will slow my pace a bit if there is a sudden gust of headwind or a sudden incline. You need to anticipate what I am going to do.

3. You are behind me and I I will move about in the bunch as I see fit in a smooth and controlled manner to best position myself to be behind someone else out of the wind. I will not indicate what I am doing, because if you are paying attention you will already know what I am going to be doing and expect it.

Well that is how it goes in bunches that race, it seem to be in the wannabe racing bunches that it seems to be a problem.

Oh and one last thing!!!

DO NOT SHOW ME YOUR BOTTLE WHEN YOU TAKE A DRINK UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO TAKE IT FROM YOU!!!

Serious attitude check needed !!!

I must say that I got mocked for putting a slightly wider range than usual cassette on my bike (11-34, instead of 11-28), which already had a compact chainring setup. But I knew when I hit Suikerbossie that I had made the right decision. And yes, I'm not in the $ group or anything even remotely close to it. But on the other hand, I haven't yet found a hill I can't ride up. :-)

I’ve got 30, 42, 52 upfront and 28-10 outback

Only because I did plenty (for me) training was I able to keep it on the 42 for everything except the last little bit of chappies and then suikerbossie.

I’m thankful for the 30 chainring that I can fall back on.

The big problem with suikerbossie is its position in the race, by that time the majority of people have ridden further than they have trained for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious attitude check needed !!!

Yup. Classic me me me me ME ME MEEEE! approach to life...

I love the dudes on their fancy superlight bikes with a 53/39 sukkeling up suikerbossie.

If you're going single digit speeds at 40rpm, it's time to swallow pride and get a compact crank okes

Why spend the 3k on a compact crank for two overcrowded fun rides a year? I don't mind riding single figures on my bike, even though it seems to bother you. You see I'm not racing, I'm riding and enjoying myself.