Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

I'm not going to say a full witch-burning is ever justified, BUT from time to time we do need to give some critical feedback to hubbers.

Van Zweel rubbed allot of okes the wrong way with his first couple of posts but his tone on BikeHub has surely calmed down a little bit since then, which is surely in part due to the criticism he received.

So I think it is daft to expect hubbers to now suddenly not see the negatives of this oke anymore and forget the stuff posted before.

It will take time for people to turn around and we should allow them that, based on whatever VanZweel decides to post and put out into the universe.

Just calling "tribalism" is food for thought for all of us, but in this instance I think it is not entirely accurate

You are right it’s not accurate in that context, because that isn’t what my point was. I was talking about his defenders.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's massively disrespectful to call Everesting easy. Especially if you've not done it. I'm pretty sure most people on here would agree with me on that particular point.

And calling his 1:29 a 'catastrophic failure' is disrespectful to anyone who's ever blown out their knees and hips and spent hours and hours on their feet trying to hit that mark. Your position cuts both ways.

You are right it’s not accurate in that context, because that isn’t what my point was. I was talking about his defenders.

Didn't you know that being a vegan automatically gives you 100000 douchebag points (renewable monthly) an automatic entrance to Valhalla and a halo?

I cannot stand this guy, but..

His running challenge was to beat his mate. His mate had a PB of 1.13, and it was estimated that he would do a 1.15. Thats where the 1.15 time came in.

He’s mate didn’t pitch for the race, so his 1.30 is still a win

And calling his 1:29 a 'catastrophic failure' is disrespectful to anyone who's ever blown out their knees and hips and spent hours and hours on their feet trying to hit that mark. Your position cuts both ways.

The catastrophic failure was giving up the Everesting attempt after only 1000m, not the jogging event.

The difference is most okes on here don't publicly belittle a massive physical challenge (Everesting is easy with the right gearing) and then fail CATASTROPHICALLY to get anywhere near said challenge.

And then brush it off lightly and move on to the next belittling and catastrophic failure.

giphy.gif

The catastrophic failure was giving up the Everesting attempt after only 1000m, not the jogging event.

Cool, I missed your reference. In that case:

Burn all the VEGAN TRIBE Witches defending their Tribal leader!

PS: Please note all SJW's and millennials/GenZ or whoever feels offended, the Comic SANS Font means I am being sarcastic... I am not advocating for any burning of anything. Except Marshmallows, they are much nicer after they have lit up in flames.

Cool, I missed your reference. In that case:

Burn all the VEGAN TRIBE Witches defending their Tribal leader!

PS: Please note all SJW's and millennials/GenZ or whoever feels offended, the Comic SANS Font means I am being sarcastic... I am not advocating for any burning of anything. Except Marshmallows, they are much nicer after they have lit up in flames.

I know.....

I took up Duathlon in 2011 at age 39 having never run more than from the one end of the street to the other.  Took me 7 years of hard graft to run a 1:37 21.1km pb and a 39min 10km pb. Running is damn tough if you come from a pure cycling background. I ran that race (the 10km) and that route wasn't easy so for him to run a 1:29 at his first attempt I think is very very impressive.  Kudo's to you whatever your food choice.

What I will say is I hope he doesn't decide to take up Duathlon because I think he would be bloody fast.  And if he can swim and decides to do a 70.3 Distance Triathlon, he's going to surprise a whole bunch of age-groupers out there.

I took up Duathlon in 2011 at age 39 having never run more than from the one end of the street to the other.  Took me 7 years of hard graft to run a 1:37 21.1km pb and a 39min 10km pb. Running is damn tough if you come from a pure cycling background. I ran that race (the 10km) and that route wasn't easy so for him to run a 1:29 at his first attempt I think is very very impressive.  Kudo's to you whatever your food choice.

What I will say is I hope he doesn't decide to take up Duathlon because I think he would be bloody fast.  And if he can swim and decides to do a 70.3 Distance Triathlon, he's going to surprise a whole bunch of age-groupers out there.

He is a great athlete, no question about that.

The problem is more related to his personality  :thumbdown:

He is a great athlete, no question about that.

The problem is more related to his personality  :thumbdown:

Ja I went and listened to his vlog a bit and I see what you mean.

Still wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in a pool though.  And I also wouldn't mind putting him on a year running training program either and see just how quick he could be.

Jogging is a thing you do when you run in place waiting for a traffic light to change

I took up Duathlon in 2011 at age 39 having never run more than from the one end of the street to the other. Took me 7 years of hard graft to run a 1:37 21.1km pb and a 39min 10km pb. Running is damn tough if you come from a pure cycling background. I ran that race (the 10km) and that route wasn't easy so for him to run a 1:29 at his first attempt I think is very very impressive. Kudo's to you whatever your food choice.

What I will say is I hope he doesn't decide to take up Duathlon because I think he would be bloody fast. And if he can swim and decides to do a 70.3 Distance Triathlon, he's going to surprise a whole bunch of age-groupers out there.

He’s an elite athlete (cyclist)

Shouldn’t be competing as an age grouper, yet.

As you know running is not cycling, he got away with one fast 21 and minimum running. Should he continue running in this manner he will be a good case study on how to injure your body running.

No matter his athletic ability, once a twat always a twat