Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

Perhaps rather than looking exclusively at numbers and hoping they will come true over an extended period, note that Mr Toby did two full Everests a year in advance starting at 12 hours, then 9 hours, both in one month, and then a year later set the record.

Kipchoge, the greatest marathon runner of all time, won 10 major world marathons before breaking the record

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps rather than looking exclusively at numbers and hoping they will come true over an extended period, note that Mr Toby did two full Everests a year in advance starting at 12 hours, then 9 hours, both in one month, and then a year later set the record.

....?

Many other South Africans have COMPLETED Everest attempts...

By keeping quiet... and pedaling... and not by making such a soapie out of it...

Before you start thinking about finishing first...

First start thinking about finishing.... “AT ALL”...

The Glory only comes after...

jeepers, try to keep up, the Millennials KNOW how to set records ... trying and winning normal races are so last century ....

Edited by ChrisF

....?

Many other South Africans have COMPLETED Everest attempts...

By keeping quiet... and pedaling... and not by making such a soapie out of it...

Before you start thinking about finishing first...

First start thinking about finishing.... “AT ALL”...

The Glory only comes after...

Yup... Never mentioned whether 'Toby' didn't complete a whole bunch before his first one. Because I didn't see any record in the public sphere, although I am sure if I searched Strava I would find some. Look, you can take a horse to water, but you can't hold it's head under and hope it doesn't die of thirst...

I think this is sage advice. And I usually ignore Thor's advice and then hurt. As in ... do more of the shorter trailseekers before you do the marathon....

I think this is sage advice. And I usually ignore Thor's advice and then hurt. As in ... do more of the shorter trailseekers before you do the marathon....

I repeatedly told you, use a bloody saddle! But no. And now look!

Kind of maker me think of those “I’m going to lose so much weight” threads.

The moment you feel the need to tell somebody, you are probably doing it it for the wrong reasons and therefore more likely to fail.

The moment you feel the need to tell somebody, you are probably doing it it for the wrong reasons and therefore more likely to fail.

There will be a movie out soon...

'SJW goes bananas'.

Not to be confused with 'Herbie goes bananas' which is about the dagga thread.

I blame social media... It's a 'look at me' mentality. Also, back pats and you're so cools for people who say they are going to do something.

It's the same as the youth (18-30) deciding not to vote 'in protest'. They are so deluded that their 'audience' cares that they believe saying something is the same as doing something.

Go and vote, go and FINISH something, maybe do something without having to tell other people. Maybe do it and THEN tell people you did it. So much fake nonsense ego stroking and back slapping binary love is just ruining people.

I blame social media... It's a 'look at me' mentality. Also, back pats and you're so cools for people who say they are going to do something.

It's the same as the youth (18-30) deciding not to vote 'in protest'. They are so deluded that their 'audience' cares that they believe saying something is the same as doing something.

Go and vote, go and FINISH something, maybe do something without having to tell other people. Maybe do it and THEN tell people you did it. So much fake nonsense ego stroking and back slapping binary love is just ruining people.

Attention seekers will be attention seekers. There were attention seekers before social media. Social media is simply a mechanism for easy and fake attention.

Attention seekers will be attention seekers. There were attention seekers before social media. Social media is simply a mechanism for easy and fake attention.

Yeah, but social media allows these people to actually make a living without contributing anything of worth to society.

Sure, there are some entertaining Youtube channels and Instagram accounts where people are putting loads of work in, but most of it is just a load of rubbish.

Yeah, but social media allows these people to actually make a living without contributing anything of worth to society.

Sure, there are some entertaining Youtube channels and Instagram accounts where people are putting loads of work in, but most of it is just a load of rubbish.

I don’t think our illustrious everesting world record breaking rap god will be making too much of a living out of his 80 odd followers and the odd post on the hub. Edited by BigDL

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Supposed to have been attributed to socrates by plato ... around about 150 BC.

I don’t think our illustrious everesting world record breaking rap god will be making too much of a living out of his 80 odd followers and the odd post on the hub.

Hahaha no, I don't think he will!

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Supposed to have been attributed to socrates by plato ... around about 150 BC.

About the same time the Greek civilisation collapsed... I see your point.