Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

So I'd like to understand one aspect of this thread, namely the apparent multiple suggestions that the OP should just get out there and get on with his challenge without publicising it before hand? Is this general consensus? If so, why?

this ^^^

You in the mood for a Friday fight?

had me thinking this ^^^

:lol:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to answer your question with a youtube video he put up.

then this came first.

I have now forgotten what i was going to say

WTF is this crazy clip. Even an Nigeria karate atty can make a better video!!!!!!!

then this came first.

https://youtu.be/xcJjJOwsJc4

I have no words. Surely this is a spoof account. He can’t be taking himself seriously.

Love the way he calls this an ever eating world record update, as if he somehow has some claim to that title. He hasn’t even managed more than half an attempt at an Everest, let alone the world record. What a prick.

then this came first.

https://youtu.be/xcJjJOwsJc4

That's 2 videos I've seen of his now.. And in both he goes on about the size of his knob.... Obviously got a micro penis then

Love the way he calls this an ever eating world record update, as if he somehow has some claim to that title. He hasn’t even managed more than half an attempt at an Everest, let alone the world record. What a prick.

That's 2 videos I've seen of his now.. And in both he goes on about the size of his knob.... Obviously got a micro penis then

Ooooooh, there goes the light banter.

OP any words to offer?

[emoji14]

Ooooooh, there goes the light banter.

OP any words to offer?

[emoji14]

There once was a boy name van Zweel,

Whose Everest was the real deal,

To make vegans famous,

Decided to shame us,

And showed us his bananas peel.

(And no, grammar nazis there's no apostrophe...)

Edited by Thor Buttox

offended 101 award claimed!

haha, Bikehubbers are sensitive people.  :clap:

yea I don't always get it...I constantly rag on my ginger friends...telling them they have no souls or are genetically inferior etc and they take it in their stride and dish it back just fine....just silly boy banter lol. 

PS, at least they all turn out to be pro sportsmen who date supermodels. Why they choose sports that have them exposed to the African sun the whole day is beyond my comprehension though  :ph34r:  :P

Edited by morneS555

Hi chaps I am admitting to temporary deafeat for this record attempt. I tried again today solo unsupported and only got to about 4800m of climbing at pace. I have come across as arrogant and for that I apologize because I don't identify as arrogant. I was simply confident I could do it but misjudged the effort. My advice for anyone who wants to set their personal best time for an Everesting is to go to Melbourne Australia and do Upper Terry's climb that Tobias did for his world record. Thanks for all the banter, it has been good. That's all for now folks.

Hi chaps I am admitting to temporary deafeat for this record attempt. I tried again today solo unsupported and only got to about 4800m of climbing at pace. I have come across as arrogant and for that I apologize because I don't identify as arrogant. I was simply confident I could do it but misjudged the effort. My advice for anyone who wants to set their personal best time for an Everesting is to go to Melbourne Australia and do Upper Terry's climb that Tobias did for his world record. Thanks for all the banter, it has been good. That's all for now folks.

FFS - in the same paragraph you say you aren't arrogant and then go on to once again blame the climb for your inability to get even remotely close to the record. You aren't close because you aren't good enough! Simple... If you failed after 7000m then you might get away with saying that but you only got half way. You can't break the world record marathon time by running a half marathon quickly!

I am sure you are a  good cyclist - no way I could climb as fast as you have - but you have a lot of work to do if you are going to break any records.

you may think you don't..but you are. Actually, maybe not arrogant...more of a w@nker. Your posts, your videos all point to that.

maybe save a bit of face and actually do an everest. 

FFS - in the same paragraph you say you aren't arrogant and then go on to once again blame the climb for your inability to get even remotely close to the record. You aren't close because you aren't good enough! Simple... If you failed after 7000m then you might get away with saying that but you only got half way. You can't break the world record marathon time by running a half marathon quickly!

I am sure you are a good cyclist - no way I could climb as fast as you have - but you have a lot of work to do if you are going to break any records.

You may not believe what I have to say but the numbers don't lie. On the Everesting calculator it shows that I need to ride at 46 watts more on average to equal world record pace for my chosen climb. The climb you choose makes a massive difference. I've found the calculator to be pretty accurate in terms of real world data too. Toby did his attempt in around 8h23m but his gps was under reading the elevation on the day. Have a look at the images I've attached.

I knew that I was going to have a disadvantage from the beginning but it was worth a shot anyway. You are right I'm not good enough to do it on this climb.

post-42840-0-31042400-1558182931_thumb.jpg

post-42840-0-80340900-1558182940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vanzweelism

You may not believe what I have to say but the numbers don't lie. On the Everesting calculator it shows that I need to ride at 46 watts more on average to equal world record pace for my chosen climb. The climb you choose makes a massive difference. I've found the calculator to be pretty accurate in terms of real world data too. Toby did his attempt in around 8h23m but his gps was under reading the elevation on the day. Have a look at the images I've attached.

I knew that I was going to have a disadvantage from the beginning but it was worth a shot anyway. You are right I'm not good enough to do it on this climb.

Perhaps rather than looking exclusively at numbers and hoping they will come true over an extended period, note that Mr Toby did two full Everests a year in advance starting at 12 hours, then 9 hours, both in one month, and then a year later set the record.