[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100%, DT. Except cobra is definitely NOT a black trail. Maybe TokaiMTB cobra, but def not hoogies.

We met one of your Tokai locals (on a flipping nice Intense with bloody spaz tyres on) who made a visit to Hoogies this morning and it looked like he enjoyed the Cobra blue route :P... I know I did.

We met one of your Tokai locals (on a flipping nice Intense with bloody spaz tyres on) who made a visit to Hoogies this morning and it looked like he enjoyed the Cobra blue route :P... I know I did.

Oh, it's a rad trail. It's just not a black trail. ????

There was the option to miss it and the route was out there for all to see as well as the videos etc. Bar Tokai it's got to be one of the best known trail networks in the cape. I think the issue is more with the variety of trails a 'black' can be. Hoogies vs Plumber? Both black but not in touching distance of each other. That needs to be sorted out.

Overall it was a great event. Loads of people and a true beast of a day on the bike. Near the end I felt like a bit of a passenger as I was getting pretty tired but stoked to have made the whole thing. Great turnout and gees but boy I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

I do like the trails up in Jonkers because there is proper tech that can't be steam rollered and plowed. You have to adjust your riding and go hard when it allows you and slower when you need to. The people I saw coming to grief were coming in too hot and hoping their trail would save them, or conversely, not keeping momentum and doing the slow, stop, crash.

Alot of stories to be told from today, blood was spilt, hospitals were visited, bodies were broken, epic stages were klapped, some times were off the charts and the first 2 cold beers went down singing hymns.

I tend to disagree, looking at the times the guys steam rollered or plowed through it jeeesh top guys were flying/floating/hovered above the trail.

I tend to disagree, looking at the times the guys steam rollered or plowed through it jeeesh top guys were flying/floating/hovered above the trail.

Shhhhh Danie, you're one of them. ???? And floating isn't the same as steamrollering

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Flying / floating and hovering show a level of skill. Steaming and plowing is what you can get away with on other trails around Cape Town and kid yourself. A lot of people with longer travel rides seemed to be relying on that today and in those trails you will come up short.

Having seen some of the top guys go through today they were not not plowing through, they were hauling ass.

Wow, that was tough. But epic! Busy bathing the kids. Will post some pics and share stories later. All I can say is, Nils is an animal.did he end up getting top 10? He was sitting 8th when I left. Ahead of some very skilled riders...dont know how he did that.

20th overall, was battle of the hardtails Adi Nils Oli

Also the whole black trail needs to be fixed. I think we need some reds added in. Cobra in Tokai isn’t a black but it’s not a blue like super tubes. Hogga’ Cobra is a joke and not a black. DH0 is a black, plumber is a black AM should be a red and so on.

Also the whole black trail needs to be fixed. I think we need some reds added in. Cobra in Tokai isn’t a black but it’s not a blue like super tubes. Hogga’ Cobra is a joke and not a black. DH0 is a black, plumber is a black AM should be a red and so on.

Agree fully

What a day, The END and the DURO part.....all this talk about the Plumber had me intimidated but actually its a great walk spoiled by a lot of loose rocks where you can twist your ankle quite easily!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

4 x climbs were tough.

Had a blast, was fully (not) prepared but it was cool to see everyone out there, some of the younger generation are tearing!

I also saw a big swing in fashion on the hill too, seems brown is the new black!!!!

One thing...it's not a good idea to high five the trailside enduro groupies at the bottom of Stage 4, nnnnneeeeaaarly saw my @$#@$@#.

Well done to Dan and Harry and his gang! Great show!

It is a black trail, people should have prepared for it, or skipped it if they weren't up for it. If organisers keep leaving out harder stages enduro as a discipline will never progress in SA.

IMO everyone knew what they were signing up for.

You are a good example of somehow who was not able to do it last year, but worked hard in your skills and confidence to do it this year. With a full, clean run through all four stages you can be really proud of your improvement.

Hearing of Lots of complaints about how dangerous the Plumber was.

Complaints about a trail being too technical at an Enduro? An EWS qualifier at that?

What a day, The END and the DURO part.....all this talk about the Plumber had me intimidated but actually its a great walk spoiled by a lot of loose rocks where you can twist your ankle quite easily!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 x climbs were tough.

Had a blast, was fully (not) prepared but it was cool to see everyone out there, some of the younger generation are tearing!

I also saw a big swing in fashion on the hill too, seems brown is the new black!!!!

One thing...it's not a good idea to high five the trailside enduro groupies at the bottom of Stage 4, nnnnneeeeaaarly saw my @$#@$@#.

Well done to Dan and Harry and his gang! Great show!

Hahahahahaha bro that was one of the dodgiest moves I've seen. You almost came off, there! We all said wtf

Hahahahahaha bro that was one of the dodgiest moves I've seen. You almost came off, there! We all said wtf

Dodgy! No waaays, just wanted to thank you ous trailside for the banging support!!