Lyne Oval Chainrings vs Absolute Black vs Csixx etc.

Bira

Hi im considering the lyne oval chainring.

I currently have a 30t oval absolute black that came with my bike. Its a bit small causing me to spin too much.

Want to get me a 32t. 

The Lyne seems like a good buy at R549.

Thoughts?

I currently have a 30t oval absolute black that came with my bike. Its a bit small causing me to spin too much.

Want to get me a 32t. 

Thoughts?

I have used both and there really is not much difference except in price.

Want to get me a 32t. 

Thoughts?

Why do you want an oval? Do you perceive a benefit? or just replacing with an oval because the bike had one?

Why do you want an oval? Do you perceive a benefit? or just replacing with an oval because the bike had one?

Purely based on the Strava PR's (and the few KOM's) I've been racking up since I switched to oval - I also perceive a benefit when riding oval.

Also have a look at Rapide.

I did have a look. Lyne is locally available in CT and price is identical.

Why do you want a round? Do you perceive a benefit? or just replacing with a round because the bike had one?

no secondary harmonics affecting the rear suspension performance under pedaling

no strange power readings with a round ring

Edited by DieselnDust

I have two Lyne rings. They work well. I also have a CSIXX ring, works just as well.

IMO they are much of a muchness in terms of difference between them.

Edited by PhilipV

I love the look of the AB but the extra price is not justifiable in RSA... CSIXX first choice because they are made here. Then Lyne for sure. Very good value.The geometry should be more or less the same with most of them, and I never managed to wear a chainring out. Just change your chain in time and you will ride forever.

I find that on really hard climbs they create a perceived better load distribution in my legs. Less sharp load peaks. I have a little weakness around cramping and that helped me a lot. This is very personal and very unscientific though. Try it, like it or toss it ;)