Omnico - Shock Servicing

Furbz

Ok so after chatting with many people i have decided to open up this thread to detail my shock service experience as it is taking place. This is mainly as all the news i have heard about them is all negative.

i have also had issues with them in the past taking nearly 6 months to replace a frame that cracked.

back to the shock service.

Over the phone i was promised a turn around time of a week, ie if the shock arrives at them early in the week(Monday) they can have it back to you before the weekend.

sounds promising.

here is the breakdown so far.

17/07/2019 WEDNESDAY

13h30 rear shock booked in for a service.

email received confirming booking and address for collection.

hock stripped off the bike by me, cleaned, bubble wrapped and boxed.

The hope is to have it back before the following week Wednesday so i can join a club ride, if not, at worst i should at least be able to ride my bike the following weekend.

22/07/2019 MONDAY

no contact at all from Omnico barring the email.

2 separate calls just ring without being answered.

email sent at 10am - unanswered

eventually 3rd call gets answered at 14H00 and i am told they can see the hold up and will address it asap.

Hold up turns out to be a glitch in the booking system, an email that should have gone out to the courier somehow was never sent.

Steve contacted me directly and has taken over getting this service done right - he seems on the ball and ready to assist.

23/07/2019 TUESDAY

Aramex make contact and arrange collection.

14H20 - Shock collected.

48/72 hours shipping changed to overnight by Omnico.

24/07/2019 WEDNESDAY

08H30 - Shock arrives at Omnico.

Shock assessed immediately. a firming kit for the shock is offered as my shock is an older boost and subsequently does not a have a lockout.

14h25 - Incredibly well priced quote received and paid. 

24/07/2019 THURSDAY 11h00

Shock received back at my offices 

Very impressed. in the end the service was only slightly longer than expected and that is mostly due to a mix up with the booking of the courier.

i am particularly impressed by Steve, he clearly cares and i feel without him this would never have gone as smoothly as it ended up being.

THANK YOU STEVE!! - mad respect to you

now to fit the shock and check all is 100%

i'll update again Monday next week after a weekend cruise.

Edited by Furbz

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna say that's Shocking Shock Servicing Service, but no, it's Omnico, it is to be expected..or for me at least it is. Also had a well below par experience with them in the past.

I'm with Pieter, why did you send a shock to Omnico to service? Unless it was a warranty thing but even then it does not compute  :whistling:

But to add kindling to the fire: I waited over 6 months or a new hub when I built a new bike back in 2015. Almost had to use my ss on the Baviaans  :wacko:

I'm with Pieter, why did you send a shock to Omnico to service? Unless it was a warranty thing but even then it does not compute  :whistling:

But to add kindling to the fire: I waited over 6 months or a new hub when I built a new bike back in 2015. Almost had to use my ss on the Baviaans  :wacko:

All Lefty shocks gets serviced at Omnico.

No one in the *@U$ country know how to service a Ocho Lefty

I concur with poor Omnico service.

I placed a special order for some Giro shoes in Feb this year after the rep told me that they can import what I want on the next big order. Delivery was supposed to be in May.

Asked for repeated feedback in May, June, July.  He ducked and dived the issue.

Was told 2 weeks ago that they cannot get the shoes.

Seriously????

Seems like you have to wonder if Omnico know how... 

I imagine when the Omnico service people's bikes are needing repairs or servicing that it happens at lightening fast speed.

or has the tools... :ph34r:

You didn't take take opportunity to title your thread "shocking service"???

haha, easy guys.

this is a new thread that for now is informative not bashing. yet  :ph34r:

Just for info, if you want to have shock or forks serviced you cannot beat Robbie Powell in Port Elizabeth. https://www.robbiesbicycleconcept.co.za/

And in Slaapstad, never use anyone other than our own Drew, fellow Hubber and boing-boing magician!

http://www.stokesuspension.com/

https://www.facebook.com/StokeSuspension/

i phoned around and got quotes on replacement seals from Robbie. 

same price as Omnico.

i am having issues with my lockout so i wanted to send it to the place that would have spares should there be further work needed.