Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Hoping that they have completed that intersection at Fishoek-Sun Valley-Kommetjie!!!! Been digging up that road going for 2 years now!

Edit: Also don't see any changes to the on-ramp section at the start... :wacko:  Bottleneck city!

It looks like they'll finish the roadworks in time. As part of this they've gotten rid of a dodgy island just after the Noordhoek turn so that looks a lot safer.

That tarmac is sooooo nice to ride on as well. Whoever the contractor is, they should be appointed to resurface the entire route!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they'll finish the roadworks in time. As part of this they've gotten rid of a dodgy island just after the Noordhoek turn so that looks a lot safer.

That tarmac is sooooo nice to ride on as well. Whoever the contractor is, they should be appointed to resurface the entire route!

Will they have done the bit of road on the Noordhoek road turn off?

I went for a surf last week and half the road was still missing on that drag past the BP garage.....

I'm a PPA E batch seed. I am starting in 1K this year abd last year averaged 31.2kmph in the ctct from 1D. Generally average around 30 to 33kmph in the PPA events.

I reckon (as far as I've seen) average speeds around 30km/h then for similar distance races with similar beta... A mate is seeded in E on PPA and has a 1G seeding for CTCT, E is generally average speeds of around 30km/h for similar distance races.

Just a quick question regarding CTCT seeding...

I have been seeded around 2D-F for the past 3 years now - I am perfectly happy with this seeding.

What I would like to know though is what kind of avg speeds or race times would I need to be looking at to crack it into the 1's?

I reckon you should be capable of doing a sub 3 CTCT(decent weather obviously) to ride 1s. Or at least be on par with a sub 3 until chappies and then get dropped and push in small groups till the end for like a 3h15. 

Apologizes if this has been covered: The 1A to 2A groups are leaving at 1 minute intervals. Is that normal? I can imagine some huge groups forming.

Apologizes if this has been covered: The 1A to 2A groups are leaving at 1 minute intervals. Is that normal? Yes I can imagine some huge groups forming. Yes

Were the gaps as small as 1 min in previous years?

Those groups are all pretty similar in strength but I also think by half way there will be some big fast groups. 1 min for a few strong guys to bridge the back of the guys that maybe struggle early on or a crash/slowing down for a near miss will be easy.

The groups are not that small so on some narrower sections, the front to back of the group will be like 10/15 seconds.

gaps where 3min in previous years then 4mon then 5 then 6. Last group left just before or after 10am

Last year they were out there till nearly 6pm so the organisers want to get everyone on the road by 9h30 to start opening the M3 and beyond.

All these pro riders .... you okes need to chill, this is the Cape Town Cycle TOUR

lol

I made the mistake at looking at the comments on a CTCT post on FB. Everyone bitching about not getting preferential seeding.

I just chuckled to myself.

Were the gaps as small as 1 min in previous years?

Those groups are all pretty similar in strength but I also think by half way there will be some big fast groups. 1 min for a few strong guys to bridge the back of the guys that maybe struggle early on or a crash/slowing down for a near miss will be easy.

The groups are not that small so on some narrower sections, the front to back of the group will be like 10/15 seconds.

I remember about 4 years (?) ago, round about the time they changed the numbering system from A,B,C to 1A,1B,1C etc they made the front groups sizes smaller with smaller time gaps between the groups. Initally the gaps were 1,5 minutes i think.

Not so sure it really worked as intended but I assume the idea is to spread the field out

You mean like the TOUR de France?

No no, you have it all wrong.

Tour de France .... tour comes first.

Cape Town cycle tour ... Tour comes last

One is fast and one is slow. And only one of the them is full of amateurs :ph34r:

lol

I made the mistake at looking at the comments on a CTCT post on FB. Everyone bitching about not getting preferential seeding.

I just chuckled to myself.

The way pick an pay advertised their special entry is what got people upset

Glad we done the 99er so we got seeded and will start earlier than the pnp "preferred" start time

The way pick an pay advertised their special entry is what got people upset

Glad we done the 99er so we got seeded and will start earlier than the pnp "preferred" start time

Not being someone that frequents FB(I have an account but can't remember the last time I went on) What is the PnP deal?