Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Are you allowed to cable-tie the number board to your seatpost?  

It's a bit awkward on the bars with cable and garmin etc

I did it before. They did not complain about it or stop me at the shute.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I actually can't read anymore on this thread.

The reason why: on wednesday during the last of one of my training rides, chain snapped on my mountain bike (road bike already being trucked to CT) and ended up in a heap on the ground, find out I've got 2 fractured ribs and a very badly bruised hip. Walking is a problem so definitely out for Sunday.

Some might say it's karma as it was my wife's bday and I shouldn't have ridden. Anyway still coming down, we've got a week in CT. There goes no. 12 and potentially my first sub 3...........

You guys can thank me for the perfect weather on sunday!

Enjoy and be safe out there

The reason why: on wednesday during the last of one of my training rides, chain snapped on my mountain bike (road bike already being trucked to CT) and ended up in a heap on the ground, find out I've got 2 fractured ribs and a very badly bruised hip. Walking is a problem so definitely out for Sunday.

Some might say it's karma as it was my wife's bday and I shouldn't have ridden. Anyway still coming down, we've got a week in CT. There goes no. 12 and potentially my first sub 3...........

the cycling is actually very good therapy for the hip

Do an easy ride with the normal people. I have also been there after a nasty fall on a rock garden. Just don't laugh or sneeze.

My basic Samsung J8 informs significant others of my position on every ride - from 1 to 9 hours without running flat or overheating using Garmin Live track - a service which seems to have ironed out it's teething problems.

And the benefit if you using the Garmin's "GPS", then you can switch off your phone's GPS, thus saving more battery power

i thought mtbers were made of tougher stuff than that!!

fractured ribs...child's play, just don't sneeze or watch comedies

bruised hip, meh it'll be ok warmed up

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/23/sports/sportsspecial/with-broken-collarbone-hamilton-wins-a-stage-of-tour.html

BAYONNE, France, July 23 — Tyler Hamilton, riding in pain with a double fracture of his right collarbone since July 6, added another exploit to a classic Tour de France today by going on a long solo breakaway in the Pyrenees and winning the day's stage by nearly two minutes.

"It was incredibly difficult," he admitted. "But today's made up for everything." The 197.5-kilometer (122-mile) course passed over six climbs, one so steep that Hamilton, the American leader of the CSC team from Denmark, seemed to wipe away tears of suffering.

Do an easy ride with the normal people. I have also been there after a nasty fall on a rock garden. Just don't laugh or sneeze.

It is definitely not recommend to sneeze at the moment. You might get stoned or necklaced by the Corona Police

I've lost my racetec chip.

I take it I can get one at the expo?

There's a Racetec info booth at the entrance, pretty sure they'll be able to sell you a new one.

Stiggie, you have my sympathy. Last year I sat out with a broken shoulder from a crash the week before the CTCT. Sunday will be my comeback ride (13th) and hopefully my luckiest one.

Starting to feel for the back of the field, as I see the wind gusts is starting to pick up, but think most of them by 2pm would have rounded smutswinkel already {current windy predication} 

I find it fitting that we got to 109 pages by the time the Argus Weekend starts!

Signing off for the week..good luck everyone and enjoy!! Can't wait to hear all the war stories on Monday! 

Checking in to my apartment in Blouberg tomorrow morning, expo and registration at around 12:00.. 

I'll be wearing white and red striped socks, Ronny McD's style, on raceday starting in 1C. Shout if you see me! And sorry if I switch you, I'm a MTBer and this is my first Argus  :whistling:

I find it fitting that we got to 109 pages by the time the Argus Weekend starts!

Signing off for the week..good luck everyone and enjoy!! Can't wait to hear all the war stories on Monday! 

Checking in to my apartment in Blouberg tomorrow morning, expo and registration at around 12:00.. 

I'll be wearing white and red striped socks, Ronny McD's style, on raceday starting in 1C. Shout if you see me! And sorry if I switch you, I'm a MTBer and this is my first Argus  :whistling:

Have a good one. might see you at the Expo as I'm heading that way around noon after beach clean up with my daughters school class. Will be doing an early morning pre-race ride leaving Muizies around 6h30am.

Have a great weekend everyone and keep the rubber side down  :clap:

Don't get me started on not being able to buy a new battery from Apple. I am very good with electronics, but somehow I have to pay them megabucks just to replace a battery. And yes, I know exactly how to open these buggers.

you're just not looking in the right places lol....

https://www.takealot.com/replacement-battery-for-iphone-5s-1560mah/PLID53983951?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhojzBRC3ARIsAGtNtHVldYimjPLVMRO9q9YCWJc9SiKnEv-yAFDLYQFCNskdKE0hGEUyAzMaAtgUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

edit: sorry for the OT mods

Edited by morneS555

My turn at last...boarding the green bird for CT soon and even though she's delayed, I can't wait to soak up the Argus vibe once again. Passing the delay in the lounge carbo-loading. Did you know that there are much carbs in Jenewer...? 

Don't get me started on not being able to buy a new battery from Apple. I am very good with electronics, but somehow I have to pay them megabucks just to replace a battery. And yes, I know exactly how to open these buggers.

R500 at iStore for new battery for my 6s