Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Expo was a non event, even though I took my girls through there just to see.

But I did drop some cash on the floor at the ciovita stand and will be sporting all new kit on Sunday.

Almost made a huge mistake by buying an indoor bib. That would have not been to pretty.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowbee found me at the Expo.

We took the scenic ride over Kloofnek through Clifton and Cape Town was letting it all hang out tonight. It is still about 28 degrees C outside with not even a whisker of wind.

Expo was a non event, even though I took my girls through there just to see.

But I did drop some cash on the floor at the ciovita stand and will be sporting all new kit on Sunday.

Almost made a huge mistake by buying an indoor bib. That would have not been to pretty.

Whats their indoor bib?

Edit: okay nevermind I saw on their website

Edited by #Arrie

I got reseeded from 1E to & at the expo and now I'm starting to question my life decisions.

This is either going to be epic or a massive fail. At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter.

I've suddenly given up beer and have started eating salads in a desperate bid loose 250g between now and Sunday morning.

I got reseeded from 1E to & at the expo and now I'm starting to question my life decisions.

This is either going to be epic or a massive fail. At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter.

I've suddenly given up beer and have started eating salads in a desperate bid loose 250g between now and Sunday morning.

I'll be there, if it's anything like last year it's going to be brutal.

So much of AWESOME at the CTCT expo!

Well done LWB. Have a great number 29!

I see an old school chum on that list. Must get in touch

It is very warm here in Montagu. I am going for a very slow 20km ride now and then at 9am head towards CT for expo collection. 1 more day (:

Seeded in 1A because apparently PPA is more important than UCI...

:D In Cape Town it is  :D  :D  ;)

As the time between "forecast" and "hoopla" gets less, the confidence in the model improves. By say 7PM in Saturday you can rely on quite accurate, detailed forecasts - but by then the Hubbers are focused on other things!

So I will stick my neck out with an amateur forecast.

In the morning there is a slight westerly component to the wind becoming southerly and stronger during the day.

Light winds at the start, chance of gusts on hospital hill, light winds on blue route. Wind will become noticeable past Muizenburg through to Smits. The mountain will provide some protection due to the westerly component but  20km/h gusts will push through the gaps . Back markers (like me) will face a 30km/h head wind. On the way back there is a chance of 30km/h turbulent gusts decending Chappies and Camps Bay.

Cool in the early morning 17C to 19C and not getting above 22C in the day.

Looks good :thumbup:

I will update this evening around 8PM

post-45898-0-82006600-1583565957_thumb.png