Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Does anyone know if there's a info stall there in the AM? I was unable to collect my racepack today because of a family emergency, so would like to get it in the morning if possible.

Cheers and good luck to all!

there is normally few stalls for people forgetting stuff.   Have look at start map,  might be on there

had quick look, seems like 3 racetec tents, so there should be something for numbers as well..

Edited by Karman de Lange

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys and gals, no matter what happens and no matter what your objectives are for the ride, please please just keep the rubber side down and just be safe.

Remember to be courteous to your fellow riders and help where you can.

Oh yes, and a quick shout of a "thank you" to every marshal you go past.

He ready?

He is not!! Just realized my number stickers are printed on the wrong side.. now to find a shop that sells scissors and pritt!

My number seems to have been printed on the wrong side. The backing is sticky but the printed side is not. I'll just have to ride incognito.

My number seems to have been printed on the wrong side. The backing is sticky but the printed side is not. I'll just have to ride incognito.

That sounds right? Stick the number on the little plastic board.

Mine is the same.. got Pritt to sort it out.

Haha yes! We are in 503..

I live in the block to your left (if you're looking in direction of the sea). Are you the dudes braaing? I'm the oke always walking around in my underpants

Down with a cold... Sitting this 1 out

hmm, was just about to ask..

if you are recovering frmo bronchitis the last of the low grade fevers that stopped say Friday night, and your last two antibios are to be taken on race day, would you ride tomorrow?

I was supposed to do my 10th tomorrow, but got diagnosed with Pericarditis on the karoo burn, so sitting this one out. Enjoy everybody!

So I will stick my neck out with an amateur forecast.

In the morning there is a slight westerly component to the wind becoming southerly and stronger during the day.

Light winds at the start, chance of gusts on hospital hill, light winds on blue route. Wind will become noticeable past Muizenburg through to Smits. The mountain will provide some protection due to the westerly component but  20km/h gusts will push through the gaps . Back markers (like me) will face a 30km/h head wind. On the way back there is a chance of 30km/h turbulent gusts decending Chappies and Camps Bay.

Cool in the early morning 17C to 19C and not getting above 22C in the day.

Looks good :thumbup:

I will update this evening around 8PM

Updated forecast., in case there is anybody still left here...

Looks much the same, which is good news as that adds confidence to the model. Head wind by midday could reach 40km/h past Simonstown (which is much less than last year) for the back markers. Chappies and Llandudno descents look like they could get gusty in the afternoon, also 40km/h. Be careful if you finishing after 11:00.

I have attached a high resolution ground windspeed diagram.

post-45898-0-30290000-1583608076_thumb.png

No

hmm, was just about to ask..

if you are recovering frmo bronchitis the last of the low grade fevers that stopped say Friday night, and your last two antibios are to be taken on race day, would you ride tomorrow?