Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Faf is kicking because that is the game plan... he doesn't wake up in the morning and decide over his Future Life what he's gonna do - this is a very clear plan and strat. We play territory and back our defense. That Faf is not a great kicker is a pity, but he's still a damn good scrummie and his defense is ridiculous if you consider his size. 

Wales should be a comfortable win, glad we're not playing the French, clearly the better team and they can always cause an upset. This Welsh team is very predictable and will play nicely into our hands I think. 

That NZ vs England game is going to be a cracker... England are very good, and although I would definitely back NZ, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if England turn them over.

Ireland were terrible on Sat...

Starting to get a little optimistic about this Cup

This kicking game plan worked against Japan because they are physically inferior to the boks. You do the same thing against NZ or England and they will f... us up 6 love because they are as physical as the boks. You can't spend 80% of the game tackling against a side that matches you physically.

Japan had as rattled for about 15 minutes in that game... It was the the 15min after beast had a brain fart. The one man less gave them opportunity to find little gaps and run the ball easier (with a few forward passes in the mix). As soon as we were back to 15 men we closed that down and they never really featured

Edited by Stretch

Shammmeee, poor thing.

Ja, Willie can get red carded for taking himself out in the air......

Willie under the high ball

attachicon.giftenor.gif

Haai shame, his steady under the high ball

But running at pace and catching a pass - daai multi-tasking, a bit too much

This kicking game plan worked against Japan because they are physically inferior to the boks. You do the same thing against NZ or England and they will f... us up 6 love because they are as physical as the boks. You can't spend 80% of the game tackling against a side that matches you physically.

But we weren’t playing NZ or England . We were playing Japan . And we won easily .

Wait till next game for a modified tactic

Lets hope Bualoi stays away this weekend...

We want to have the finalists decided on the field, not on paper.

Luckily for the knockout games they have two additional days and other venues to their disposal to ensure the games proceed.

post-27827-0-12043100-1571653851_thumb.png

Faf is kicking because that is the game plan... he doesn't wake up in the morning and decide over his Future Life what he's gonna do - this is a very clear plan and strat. We play territory and back our defense. That Faf is not a great kicker is a pity, but he's still a damn good scrummie and his defense is ridiculous if you consider his size. 

Wales should be a comfortable win, glad we're not playing the French, clearly the better team and they can always cause an upset. This Welsh team is very predictable and will play nicely into our hands I think. 

That NZ vs England game is going to be a cracker... England are very good, and although I would definitely back NZ, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if England turn them over.

Ireland were terrible on Sat...

Starting to get a little optimistic about this Cup

Fully agree with you.  Regarding Fafs kicking it was pretty clear he kicked under instruction.  His kicking changed radically in the second half from the first which indicated to me that he was instructed.  The German commentators regularly here mentioned how he manages to tackle guys much bigger than him. Goodness sake, my 12 yr old daughter is taller than him.